Maintaining Bridge photo tags on upload

Kelli Jae Baeli created the topic: Maintaining Bridge photo tags on upload

I am building a photo page, and i have thousands of photos. I tag them all in Adobe Bridge and then upload them them to the gallery, but notice they don't maintain those photo tags. This means i have to tag them all over again in the photo gallery interface. Is there a way to maintain those tags when we upload photos?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Maintaining Bridge photo tags on upload

Hello Kelli!

Thank you for posting your inquiry!

Unfortunately Photo Gallery plugin does not have the functionality to add Adobe Bridge tags yet. However, it would be a wonderful addition to the plugin, so could you please add a suggestion to our Submit your idea page?

We will be happy to work on this feature for further Photo Gallery updates.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Kelli Jae Baeli replied the topic: Maintaining Bridge photo tags on upload

I have made the suggestion, and hope it will be given the priority it deserves in the next update, since the ability to tag and transfer tags in photos are fundamental to photography websites. Thanks for your consideration.

it occurs to me that if the plugin can import the metadata for the description, it should be able to import the metadata for the keywords. As i get more and more busy, this will become a time-suck i can't afford, so i hope it changes soon, or I might have to consider getting a different product. Hopefully some brilliant programmer there will know how to do this and see it as the egregious oversight and design flaw it is for a photography plugin, and make it a priority to fix. This is so far the most disappointing thing I've discovered about the plugin.

Hello Kelli!

Thank you for posting your suggestion, I have approved it. If the tags are being kept in the metadata of the images, then it wouldn't be very tricky to develop. I have also added your suggestion to our development task list.

Hopefully our development team will start working on this soon.
Thanks! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelli Jae Baeli

That's awesome to hear, thank you!

Hey Kelli!

Thank YOU for giving us such an amazing idea!
Your contribution in implementing new features to Photo Gallery is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelli Jae Baeli

Any word on how this is going? I can't tell you how tedious it has been to reapply all the tags for thousands of photos. IT would certainly save me about half to three-quarters of my time in getting this site finished (certainly it would help anyone else too). Just wondering. Thanks.

Hey Kelli!

Unfortunately the feature is not available yet. But did you notice, that you can now bulk-tag the images? You can do that by selecting them and clicking Add Tag button at the very top.

I am posting a screenshot below, where this can be seen. Let me know if this helps.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

thank you, yes. i was aware of that option. it's all still very tedious though. Hopefully some of those other options will be integrated to allow us to work with large numbers of photos without spending hours doing it. Since most photogs use Bridge, it makes no sense that we can't import the tags we already have set in that program. thanks.

Hi, Kelli!

Thank you for your comments!

Your suggestion of integrating Photo Gallery with Bridge is already listed for future development. Hopefully, the feature will be added to the product soon.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds