Difference between component and module usage

Michael_I created the topic: Difference between component and module usage

Dear Support!

I am a little bit confused with the different gallery configuration options when I select a WD Gallery as part of a Menu action (component) or as part of a module.

Why are the available options in a module much less compared to the component usage. Is there anything I am doing wrong when I use a gallery as part of a module that I don't see the same options like using it as a component via a menu. Especially I am missing the random sort order in the component mode.
Is it true that there are only 2 sort options available when used as part of a module: Shuffle: Random and Last? I didn't find any other place (options or theme) where I can set the sort order.

Thank You,
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Difference between component and module usage

Dear Michael,

The module is the simple version of the product that can be posted to sidebar and the component is the extended one to be used in articles.That is why there is difference in variety of options.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Michael_I replied the topic: Difference between component and module usage

Thank You!

Do I see it correct, that the random sort order is only available when used as a module?
This option is my favorite.

Support replied the topic: Difference between component and module usage

Dear Michael,

This option available only in module. We'll include this feature in component also in further updates of our product.

Thank you

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds