Problem uploading images in Gallery WD Lite

Colin Sturgeon created the topic: Problem uploading images in Gallery WD Lite

Firstly I'd like to say how nice Gallery WD Lite is. It was just what we were looking for, so thank you.

We have been having a couple of issues with uploading images.

We have created different users for our client and have set access using ACL Manager. The problem we have is that even though we have given the users access to Gallery WD Lite, when they try to upload an image it doesn't work properly. They choose a file to upload and it starts uploading (the blue progress bar is visible), it finishes, but the image isn't in the folder. The only user it seems to work for is a SuperUser, which we can't let the users be. Is this because we are only using the Lite version or is it a problem?

Also, when we do upload images as a SuperUser, if we select multiple images to upload they don't all successfully upload. It seems to upload some, but not others. This means we are having to upload each image individually, which is quite time consuming. Is there something we are doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Problem uploading images in Gallery WD Lite

Dear Colin,

Could you please contact us to [email protected] and let us to take a look at the issue? Please mention the full link to your forum post in your e-mail.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

GUILLERMO RIVERA replied the topic: Problem uploading images in Gallery WD Lite

I'm having a similar problem I haven't tried with different roles of users, but still I can't upload any image to a gallery, I'm sending an email I hope you can help me too, thanks in advance.

Tom replied the topic: Problem uploading images in Gallery WD Lite

Dear Web-Dorado Support,

Can I kindly remind you that the second point made by the original poster Colin Sturgeon; that when uploading a batch of photos, some will fail to upload, this problem should have been fixed by now. In my case, using the paid for 'Personal' version.

I highlighted this issue 1 month ago in point 7 here; web-dorado.com/forum/image-gallery/9933-...s-and-wish-list.html to which I was told 'we have checked all of the problems and fixed the ones, that were occurring on our side'. I feel like with several currently outstanding issues, clearly this is not an issue with the customer's individual websites, but with the extension.

Could it be that your web server & software configuration used for testing of problems is not how other web hosting companies deploy their systems in the real world, therefore introduces problems you're unaware of, that assuming everything in your extension is problem free.

Tom.

Dear Tom,

Could you somehow share that group of images that you failed to upload all at once ? We'll try to simulate exactly same situation that you faces.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Nila Sartika replied the topic: Problem uploading images in Gallery WD Lite

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have uploaded images, both several images at once and a single image at once, it said my pictures have been successfully uploaded, but I can't find the uploaded pictures anywhere in any folder.

Thanks,
Nila

Dear Nila,

Could you please contact us to [email protected] and let us to take a look at the issue? Please mention the full link to your forum post in your e-mail.Also please include temporary admin credentials to your website in the mail.

Thank you

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Nila Sartika replied the topic: Problem uploading images in Gallery WD Lite

Well, today I tried again uploading pictures, I think the problem was me clicking the "back" button before I should be. I think the system requires some time after uploading, and it will automatically land on the window where the pictures could be found.

I did that, waited a while before clicking the "back" button and waited till I land automatically on "insert picture window". Sometimes the picture I uploaded didn't show, tho, but most of the time, It showed up. When it didn't show, I just try again.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds