Form Maker - SMTP settings for auto email send

Ruth created the topic: Form Maker - SMTP settings for auto email send

Hi there

I have set up the form maker with the paypal function so that when a customer purchases an item they automatically get sent a confirmation email to the email address that they provide in their form. This function was not working, so I wrote on the forum to ask, and the response was that it was a server issue.

So I went to my hosting provider and they have come back with the following and suggest I ask you again..

'In order to send emails any component needs to log in to the SMTP server with a username and password otherwise anyone could see your files.

We cannot find where to put these details in the component, and as our servers only sends emails via an authenticated SMTP connection this is why it isn't working'

Can you help me with this?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Form Maker - SMTP settings for auto email send

Dear Ruth,

You should set the SMTP settings not in our plugin. You should set them in System -> Global Configuration -> Server -> Mail settings.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds