Error, email was not sent.

Jason created the topic: Error, email was not sent.

I have been using Form Maker for a few weeks now.

In that time I have had a few complaints about an "Error, email was not sent." message.

After the first complaint, I tested and it still worked fine, so I ignored the issue.

Now I have had 2 more complaints, so I think there is something there but I can not find any issue? It seems to work for most others but not all?

I just tested the site with my work email account and it worked fine, but then I tested it with my home yahoo email and I got the error.

Please advise what I can do to fix this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Error, email was not sent.

Dear Jason,

Could you please give us (to [email protected]) admin access to your site, by indicating the forum post link in your email subject. We'll try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Neil replied the topic: Error, email was not sent.

Hi support,

We are seeing exactly the same issue (working for some, others getting "error, email was not sent"). Was this resolved, or are you able to fix this on our site (Pro version) also?

Thanks.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Error, email was not sent.

Hello Neil! Thank you for keeping us posted about this issue!

Please go to Global Configurations of your Joomla site and try the following. Find the mailing function option and set it to Sendmail, if it is set to PHPmail, or vice versa. If the problem is not within the hosting, this will solve the issue.

You can also check with your hosting provider.

But in case none of these solutions will work, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and give temporary WordPress admin access to your website. Our development team will take a look at the problem and figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Also make sure to include the link to this forum thread in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,

Thanks for your quick response. I have just realized that I have raised this within the Joomla area of your forum, rather than Wordpress (which is what I have). So I can't implement your (Joomla related) fix.

Sorry for my mix up. Are you able to take a look? I have emailed admin access details to you.

Thanks,
Neil

Hi Neil!

Thank you for forwarding temporary access! We'll surely take a look at the issue you are facing. I already assigned the ticket to our development team, they'll check the mailing problem soon.

Thanks! Have a great start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Many thanks Agapi. Very appreciated!

You are most welcome, Neil!

I'll keep you posted right after the team is done working on the issue.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Neil!

Our development team has finished checking the problem on your website. The main cause is, that when From Email is provided, your website does not send emails with wp_mail() function.

It does send with mail() function, but the value of From Email is changed and HTML codes are ignored. This is a problem triggered either by your hosting provider or another plugin installed to your website.

We have changed the mailing function from wp_mail() to mail(), so it will send e-mails. You can check the plugins and with your hosting. If you won't have a solution from them, we'll change the mail function back wp_mail(), so the e-mails will be sent when From Email is not provided.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,

I have forwarded this to my hosting for their action. I will update here when I get a response. Thanks for your GREAT support!

Neil.

That's great, Neil! And you are most welcome!

Please keep us posted about their response, so we'll see if there's need for further action, or we can make this issue as resolved.

We'll be waiting for your notice.
Thank you! Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,

Our hosting provider has responded saying they unable to make any changes. Can you arrange to the alternate approach mentioned above to be implemented, and we can see if that fixes everything?

Thanks again,
Neil.

Hey Neil!

Of course that would be possible! I have notified our developers. They will change the mailing function back to wp_mail() and if you don't provide a value for From Email option, the mails will be sent properly.

I'll let you know when they finish making the changes.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Neil!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has implemented the fix! Could you please check the mailing on your forms and confirm, that they are working properly now?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,

Thanks. We have removed the FROM details. The guys that can test this will do so first thing next week. I'll post here once I hear back from them.

Thanks again,
Neil.

Sure, Neil!

Please take your time and let our team know in case you will need further assistance with any other request. We'd be happy to assist!

Have a wonderful Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds