When Submit Button is placed on form I get error

Jerry Ray created the topic: When Submit Button is placed on form I get error

When a Submit or Submit/Reset button is placed on my form I am getting this error while viewing the form:

Call to a member function init() on a non-object in /home/content/69/9295169/html/templates/rt_clarion/error.php on line 20

If I delete the Submit button from the form the error does not appear, but then there is no way for the end-user to submit the form. How do I resolve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Administrator replied the topic: Re: When Submit Button is placed on form I get error

Dear jerry3687
Please give us a temporary admin user account to your site (send it to email [email protected]), and we will try to find out the problem of Joomla Form Maker as soon as possible.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Jerry Ray replied the topic: Re: When Submit Button is placed on form I get error

Sent as requested via email to [email protected].

Jerry Ray replied the topic: Re: When Submit Button is placed on form I get error

The problem appears a web server 500 error, and specifically with PCRE backtrack.

Here is the remedy for anyone else having this problem:

Added:

ini_set('pcre.backtrack_limit',1000000);
ini_set('pcre.recursion_limit',1000000);

to the index.php.

As long as the ini_sets are in the index.php, the form seems to work okay.

Small forms don't seem to be affected by this problem, but large ones do.

And, forgot to mention: It wasn't necessarily the Submit button as it turned out. Just having a large number of any types of fields (including a button) would cause this. But the above remedy seems to work regardless of the number of fields/buttons I added.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds