Can't edit JavaScript? (Joomla! 2.5.4)

Frank created the topic: Can't edit JavaScript? (Joomla! 2.5.4)

Hi, when I click on "Edit JavaScript" I get a page with "Javascript" and below that a textarea, but the textarea is empty where I expected some Javascript-code. Any ideas?

I'm using Joomla! 2.5.4 and installed the Joomla 1.6+ files (com, mod and plg). Everything else like creating forms and "Edit CSS" seems to be working just fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Frank replied the topic: Re: Can't edit JavaScript? (Joomla! 2.5.4)

frankd wrote: Hi, when I click on "Edit JavaScript" I get a page with "Javascript" and below that a textarea, but the textarea is empty where I expected some Javascript-code. Any ideas?

I'm using Joomla! 2.5.4 and installed the Joomla 1.6+ files (com, mod and plg). Everything else like creating forms and "Edit CSS" seems to be working just fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dear support, it's been over a month now and as a paying customer I would like to get an answer! Just did a fresh install and the same problem occurs. I can't edit the JavaScript using the "Edit JavaScript"-button.

Administrator replied the topic: Re: Can't edit JavaScript? (Joomla! 2.5.4)

Dear Frank,
We are really sorry for the late answer. We somehow missed your post a month ago.

The "Edit JavaScript" page is not for editing the standard JavaScript functions of Joomla Form Maker, so this page must be blank by default. This page allows you to define new JavaScript functions, which can be used in the form.

For example, you can define a new function and assign that function to the "onchange" attribute of a field using "Additional Attributes" of the field.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Frank replied the topic: Re: Can't edit JavaScript? (Joomla! 2.5.4)

Thanks for the response. I understand now.

Can this be used for an "redirect after submit" maybe? See my second post Redirect after submition.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds