pass value from previous page to a textbox in form maker

Bill Roque created the topic: pass value from previous page to a textbox in form maker

Below is my requirement.

i created a form using form maker and named the page as Page2
I am currently at a page named Page1. i have a button or link from Page1 that when I clicked it, it will take me to Page2 and pass a value of "123" to the Textbox (created using form maker) at page2.

Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: pass value from previous page to a textbox in form maker

Dear Bill,

Thanks for using our products :)

Do you want to use the Multipage form? If yes, then we are gladly informing you that when the user fills the 1st page then pass to the 2nd the filled information is saved. So there is no necessity to transfer the value.

Please let me know if there's any further information you need. Thanks and have a great day!

Bill Roque replied the topic: pass value from previous page to a textbox in form maker

its not about multi form, I want to pass a value using URL from an HTML page that I have created to a text box in Form maker

Anoush replied the topic: pass value from previous page to a textbox in form maker

Hello Bill,

Could you please show us the URL and tell what part do you want to take from it?

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Bill Roque replied the topic: pass value from previous page to a textbox in form maker

This is the page where I need to pass the value - papeles.ph/upload-document-page/ . Basically I need to pass the value inside the Order Number Text Box.

The value will come from here - papeles.ph/php-t35t/customer-forms-prod/template/page3.php
I am passing the value inside the Order Number text box (Yellow highlight) by clicking the button "UPLOAD" (number 2).

If you want to see the example on how I want this to happen, click the "PAYMENT" button. You can see from here that i am passing the value of the Order Number textbox to the Invoice Textbox of our Payment portal partner.

thank you,
Bill

Dear Bill,

Please add the below custom js code in the javascript section of that form. Don't forget to add the hidden field in this form. Please note that instead of the bold ID you need to add the ID of the added hidden field.

function before_load() {
function getParameterByName(name, url) {
if (!url) {
url = window.location.href;
}
name = name.replace(/[[]]/g, "$&");
var regex = new RegExp("[?&]" + name + "(=([^&#]*)|&|#|$)"),
results = regex.exec(url);
if (!results) return null;
if (!results[2]) return '';
return decodeURIComponent(results[2].replace('/+/g', " "));
}
jQuery("#wdform_18_element10").val(getParameterByName("snid"));
jQuery("#wdform_18_element10").attr("class", "input_active");
window.onload=function(){
document.getElementById('snid').value = '2';
}

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend!

Hi, sorry just a bit confused.

I will try to define the steps here, pls. let me know if my understanding is correct.
1. Add Hidden field from my UPload Form
2. Get the ID of the hidden field and modify the script that you gave me, replace the 2 bold elements below with the ID of the hidden field that i've just created.

jQuery("#wdform_18_element10").val(getParameterByName("snid"));
jQuery("#wdform_18_element10").attr("class", "input_active");
By the way, how I can get the id of the hidden field that I've just created?

3. Paste the modified script to the javascript portion of my Upload form.
4. Save it.

Is that it? I don't need to do anything with my html form? - papeles.ph/php-t35t/customer-forms-prod/...up-my-docs/page3.php

please let me know if my understanding is correct.

thank you

Dear Bill,

I am kindly asking you to share the temporary admin details of your website and tell me the ID number of that form.I will implement those changes for you.

Please send the login details using this form.

Also, make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message.

Thanks and have a good day!

This is the page where I placed the upload form generated from Form maker.

papeles.ph/upload-document-page-school/

This is the form id: [Form id="19"]

I already sent the login details to the link that you gave me..

Hi Bill,

Thanks for sharing the details. I'll let you know as soon as our team finishes working on the customization.

Thanks and have a good day!

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds