improve conditional field rules

Francesco created the topic: improve conditional field rules

Hi, here my suggestions to improve the conditional feature and dropdown field too.

1) Allow multiple SHOW (actually you can set only one). In this case i can show more that one field with a single condition;
2) Allow duplicate the condition to create a new one quickly by changing something only. Very useful when you create a long condition;
3) Add also rule as IS BIGGER, IS LOWER, IS EQUAL, BETWEEN in the case compare 2 numeric field values;
4) The point 3 also about compare 2 date field values;
5) Allow to create a condition to allow IF ALL or ANY not all for the entire condition but also for each field rule (if user set that for each field this will override IF ALL or ANY of the entire condition). In this case the condition is more flexible and powerful and i am not forced to use ANY or ALL for the entire condition (like now) but for single field too.
About a dropdown field: allow an option on the field settings like SHOW "PLEASE SELECT". In this case the first time no any value or item of the field is shown but only a "please select". If the field is required user must select one otherwise get the error.
What do you think?
I hope you consider to add these suggestions so useful.
Thanks, best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: improve conditional field rules

Hi, Francesco!

Thank you so much for your wonderful suggestions!
Our development team will consider them when working on further updates of the product.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francesco

Francesco replied the topic: improve conditional field rules

I hope really you'll add these in short period because i am looking for these features to insert in my project.
Thanks again.
Best regards

Hi, i want give an example about the conditional fields feature so i hope it's clearer:
SHOW (OR HIDE) FIELD A; SHOW (OR HIDE) FIELD B; SHOW (OR HIDE) FIELD C (allow to manage to show or hide more fields in the same rule to avoid to create many conditions for each field to show or hide with the same rules)
IF ANY OR ALL
FIELD D (for example check field) IS "ALPHA";
FIELD F (for example select field) IS ANY "BETA"; "GAMMA"; "OMEGA" (any of these fields options)
FIELD G (for example numeric) IS BETWEEN 5 AND 10 (so number from 5 to 10)
FIELD H (for example numeric) IS HIGHER THAN 12 (SO FROM 13 TO UNLIMITED)
FIELD T (for example date) IS LOWER THAN 10/05/2016 (so date before of 10/05/2016)
NAME_DATABASE FIELD U (use values of field of another database already created) IS EQUAL TO "RED" (for example select field but can be check, numeric and so on...)
In this way the conditional field feature is very powerful.
I hope you really consider it.
Best regards

Hello, Francesco!

Could you please mention if you have WordPress Form Maker or Joomla Form Maker? If it is WordPress, please note, that we frequently update the plugin, adding new features and fixing bugs.

But if it is Joomla, unfortunately, we do not have an estimated date for the release of this feature. The reason is that currently, we do not develop Joomla products. Their updates only include improvements and bug fixes.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Honestly i use Joomla but i can use Wordpress as well. So i suppose you won't support Joomla, correct?
But in Wordpress version of form maker the conditional fields feature work as i told you?
Best regards

Hi, Francesco!

We do not develop Joomla products further at the moment, that's correct.

WordPress Form Maker does not have this functionality yet, but we frequently update it, adding new features. So our development team will consider working on this for further Form Maker versions.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Ok, when you'll add the above feature i will buy your extension for sure.
Please update me.
Best regards

Hi, Francesco!

Of course! You can also keep track of the changes made in WordPress Form Maker with this link:
wordpress.org/plugins/form-maker/#developers

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi, is there any way to have this feature on WP plugin in the short time?
Thanks, best regards

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds