WordPress Form Maker themes - Questions about customisation

Tania Melnyczuk created the topic: WordPress Form Maker themes - Questions about customisation

I am posting under Joomla Form Maker, because there is currently no category for WordPress Form Maker. I would appreciate answers to any of the following questions.

See attached screenshot.

The appearance of my forms broke badly when I upgraded to a new version of Form Maker. I had been using a custom theme, and everything was quite scrambled after the upgrade, so I am now working on making a new theme. (Getting the settings from the Web site's own theme is not producing the desired effect; a few tweaks are needed.)

1. Is there documentation available for Form Maker themes?

2. I am unable to create a new theme, only to duplicate and modify existing themes. When I duplicate Theme 3 and give it a new name, and apply it, everything is rendered invisible. Based on the lack of values in the theme, I get the idea that Theme 3 is supposed to be a blank (the site's own theme predominates), but then why does it not actually render anything at all when duplicated?

3. How do I increase the size of my Capcha text? (I use the version where you have to do a little sum, like 9-2 or whatever.) The text becomes tiny in some themes. I don't want to increase all the font sizes in the form, just the text of those Capcha numbers. (PS: I have just noticed that the new version doesn't even seem to have that option to fill in the answer to the sum. Can you clarify, please? I deleted it off my old forms because it was too small, but I now don't know how to get that back. The Simple Capcha says you can choose 3-6 letters, but doesn't even allow me to choose 3.)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: WordPress Form Maker themes - Questions about customisation

Hi, Tania!

Thank you for posting about this problem!

1. Changing the theme options should be pretty straightforward. So I can see that most certainly there is a problem on your Form Maker. Could we have a closer look at the problems regarding the themes?

Please give us temporary administrator access to your website. You can send the login information using the contact form on this page. Our development team will make the changes as soon as possible.

Also, make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message.

2. As for the Arithmetic Captcha, please note, that it is available in the new version of the plugin. Please navigate to Advanced Fields section, where you will find Arithmetic Captcha field. Have a look at this screenshot.

But we will also check why you cannot use the value 3 for the number of Simple Captcha characters. Unfortunately, it is not possible to make the font in captcha image larger. However, we can enlarge the captcha image itself a little bit.

Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tania Melnyczuk

Tania Melnyczuk replied the topic: WordPress Form Maker themes - Questions about customisation

Thank you for your friendly and helpful response to my previous question. I have begun to implement your advice, and I would like to take you up on your offer of temporary admin assistance and a larger Capcha image; but first, I'd like to post two new questions, so that if necessary, this can all be consolidated.

Here is the next question:

During the time that the old version of Form Maker did wacko things with e-mail addresses, I replaced the e-mail address field on many forms with "fake" e-mail fields (i.e. ordinary text fields with the label 'E-mail') to bypass the problem. In other words, I deleted the original field that was used to send mail to the user after form submission, and this meant that mail was not sent to users, even though the Form Options may still have had old values in there.

Now that I have upgraded to the latest version, I have started putting in brand new 'proper' e-mail fields into my forms again. However, Form Maker seems to be confused by what I am doing. As soon as I attempt to switch from editing the form to the Form Options, I get an error message, and the options are not displayed, so it is impossible for me to deselect the old defunct field and to specify the new one.

See screenshot.

Can you assist?

Attachments:

Agapi G. replied the topic: WordPress Form Maker themes - Questions about customisation

Hi, Tania!

It is great, that you started to use Email type fields since they have special validations for email addresses. As for the problem you are facing, luckily, there is a quick and easy way to fix this issue.

Could you please have a look at the following screen video?

Please follow the steps described there to fix the issue. Let me know in case you will face problems while trying.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tania Melnyczuk

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds