[Form Maker] Custom Button: Copy a fixed text to clipboard

Peter created the topic: [Form Maker] Custom Button: Copy a fixed text to clipboard

Hi,

I want to make a custom button with Form maker that copies a fixed string (an URL) to the clipboard on click of the button. Maybe even with a confirmation like "URL copied to clipboard" or something like this, but that is not mandatory. I would be happy if only the copy to clipboard works.

Is that possible and if so, how exactly?

I am using Joomla 3.7.4 and Form Maker 3.6.8

Thanks!
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: [Form Maker] Custom Button: Copy a fixed text to clipboard

Hello Peter,

Thanks for getting to us!

Do you want that the table of the submitted email also included the URL of that page?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Peter replied the topic: [Form Maker] Custom Button: Copy a fixed text to clipboard

I don't even want/need that. All I want is that if the user clicks on the button, he gets a specific URL copied to his clipboard. That's all. No submission, no anything.

I saw that when I select "Button" in the "Add field" in Form Maker, I have the choice between a "Submit" button, and a "Custom" button, and I wondered if what I want to do would be possible with that Custom Button.

Anoush replied the topic: [Form Maker] Custom Button: Copy a fixed text to clipboard

Dear Peter,

OK, Thanks for the details. Yes, it is possible to add the Custom Button and use onClick function. Maybe the information from here will be helpful for you.

If you have any new inquiries, feel free to write us. Thanks and have a nice day!

Peter replied the topic: [Form Maker] Custom Button: Copy a fixed text to clipboard

I am sorry my coding knowledge is limited pretty much to modifying my CSS files so I can make my page look like I want.
I need more detailed explanation, how and where would I need to add what code and how do I then get the button to do what I want.

If you or anyone else could assist me with that it would be very much appreciated.

Hi Peter,

This is an additional customization dear Peter and if you want we can do this for you with an additional fee. For more information please contact us using this form.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds