Form Option: Email Options - How to include File Names in Email to Admin or User

kalilocal created the topic: Form Option: Email Options - How to include File Names in Email to Admin or User

1. I have several forms with File Upload fields. Some of these are single file upload fields, and some of these are multiple file upload fields.
2. Within Form Maker: Form Options > Email Options > Email to Administrator or Email to User > Custom Text in Email For Administrator, there are options to include a variety of fields from the form submission, in the Email to Administrator and Email to User.
3. I would like to include the names of the files that were submitted via the upload fields, but not the files, in the emails that are sent to the Administrator and/or User, after the User submits files through a form.
4. When I select the fields that appear to be associated with the File Upload field, they appear to show up as "Whatever the field label name is: (as image)," but even if I include these in the Custom Text in Email For Administrator field, I can't seem to get the file names to appear in the emails that are sent to the Administrator, or the User.

Is there any way to have the complete names of the files that are submitted via a Field Upload field to be included in the emails that are sent to the Administrator, or User, after something is submitted by a User via a form? Please note, I am not asking for the files to be attached to the emails, I just want the names to be included for reference.

Thanks for your help =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

haris replied the topic: Form Option: Email Options - How to include File Names in Email to Admin or User

Good post.....Keep Posting

Anoush replied the topic: Form Option: Email Options - How to include File Names in Email to Admin or User

Dear Kalilocal,

Thanks for your inquiry :)

1.Please note that this is an option, you can check Allow Uploading Multiple Files option and allow users to upload multiple files.
2.OK. And what is the problem?
3. Please note that the submitted information keeps also the name of the uploaded file.
4.Please send me the link to that published form. I will submit as a user and will check the sent data.

Thanks and have a nice day!

kalilocal replied the topic: Form Option: Email Options - How to include File Names in Email to Admin or User

The problem is that I can't seem to get the submitted file names to appear in the emails that are sent to the Administrator, or the User. For example, take a look at the form test1. The emails Form Maker generates does not seem to be including the file names within the emails that are generated. Please note, I am not asking about attaching the actual files to the emails. I simply want the file names that were submitted via the form, the be included in the emails for reference by the recipient.

Anoush replied the topic: Form Option: Email Options - How to include File Names in Email to Admin or User

Dear Kalilocal,

Please note that the table of the Submission could not save the uploaded file name. But the uploaded file is attached to the Emails of Administrator and the user. For this, you need to turn on the option from the Advanced section. Please check the attached file.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds