Form Maker Hacks

Alison Meeks created the topic: Form Maker Hacks

I use the paid version of Form Maker and this is not my first inquiry about this problem.

My forms have (as you probably do also) include required fields to be completed prior to the form being accepted and sent to my client or myself. Things like email address, phone number, so that you can reply to the inquiry.

It is already known by you for months that hacks can be done around the JS and emails sent without those fields completed but no resolution has been made in these many months by Web Dorado. You were given weeks of site access to a client experiencing this. It is now many clients and my own site included.

In the last few weeks complaints from my clients are through the roof and I am getting dozens of these hacked/spam form submissions.

I am begging one last time for a fix to this issue. I love your Form Maker extension and recommend it in the Joomla FB group often, but I can't ignore the upset voices of my clients any longer and will be forced to another form extension if you don't fix this.

Hoping for a speedy resolution,
Alison

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil Robertson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

Dear Alison,

Thanks for getting to us!

Do you use captcha or recpatcha for those forms? At least you can block those IPs, as Form Maker has this feature.

Also, you can install an anti-spam extension to your Joomla sites.

Thanks and have a great day :)

Alison Meeks replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

Hi Anoush

I absolutely use Recaptcha on my site forms. And yes I can log in and block all those IPs coming daily on multi sites. Or I can use a form extension that doesn't allow this to happen.

I am guessing from your reply no fix for this is planned.

Thank you for your prompt reply,
Alison

Dear Alison,

Unfortunately, there is no other way for getting rid of this spams as they are not robots. You need to delete them manually.

Thanks again.

Neil Robertson replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

I also have a client using the paid version of Form Maker asking me to investigate why they are receiving blank form submissions when some fields are compulsory and Captcha is enabled.

Surely forms submitted with mandatory fields that are not completed can be detected and rejected or am I missing something?

ChronoForms is another forms extension I am using which does not have this issue as far as I am aware.

Thanks,

Neil

Dear Neil,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

So we are kindly asking you give us temporary administrator access to your website. You can send the login information using the contact form on this page. Our development team will make the changes as soon as possible.

Also make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message.

Thanks! Have a goodday!

James Butler replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

It should also be noted that we have had 2 form submissions with required fields coming in blank with evidence that the fields were indeed filled in. There were 70 submissions on the form and these 2 failed to capture all information. They didn't record the same fields and stopped at the same spot. Both were filled out within 15 hours of each other. I scanned the database directly and the information is nowhere to be found. This may be a bigger issue.

Neil Robertson replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have sent some login details via the contact form.

Dear Neil,

Thanks for sending the details. We will check that out and let you know about the results. Thanks again :)

Hi Neil

Glad to see it isn't only me having these issues with Form Maker Pro version.

WebDorado has had weeks of access to various sites getting hit with this problem and no resolution has come. They are throwing it under the bus of we should have some other spam control installed.

Friends using other form makers - I've been recommended Breezing - they don't have this problem and bigger - their clients don't have this problem.

I haven't made the move yet due to personal issues that have taken my time. I'd sure love to stay with Form Maker as I love it but I can NOT put up with this not working product.

Alison

Agapi G. replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

Hi, everyone!

As many of you might know, this is a very common problem on Joomla. Form Maker developers are trying a few solutions currently to see if the spam problem will be fixed.

We will soon release an update with these changes. Please install the updated version and give us feedback about the results.
Thank you! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I am and have been running your current version 3.6.11 June 2017 version since it was released and the issue continues.

Come on you guys. I want to keep using and promoting Form Maker but this is not ok.
Alison

Hi, Alison!

Please note, that the fixed version is not released yet. Our QA team is testing it yet. They will finish soon and update Form Maker in a couple of days. We hope to hear your feedback after your tests.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

James Butler replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

This is not only affecting Joomla. I have the same on WordPress

Hi, James!

Thanks for posting about this!

Could you please make sure you have the very latest version of Form Maker installed (1.12.4/2.12.4)? We have applied a filter with PHP validation, which resolves this issue.

Thank you! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi, everyone!

I am happy to inform you, that the updated version of Joomla Form Maker with these changes has been released. Could you please install it without uninstalling the current version of the extension?

Please test and get back to us in case you will notice further problems.
Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison Meeks

Downloaded and installed directly on two sites. Noticed Send to Yourself missing (or maybe I missed it).

NB: Why don't you version number your downloads. I have to do this every time to keep track in my files.

Hi, Alison!

Is the field type in this screenshot missing from your website? If so, may we check the problem as a temporary Super User of your Joomla site? Please send the login information using the contact form on this page. Our developers will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

Make sure to mention the link to this forum thread in your message.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi

Error was on this users end. I missed it in Text Input and when I looked at other sites with that function it didn't highlight that tab to tip me off.

Sorry about that and about the delay. Meetings yesterday.

Alison

Attachments:

Hey Alison!

It's great, that you have found the field. Hope your Form Maker is now functioning flawlessly!
Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi

I have installed the update first on all the problem sites that were getting the bypass spam and fingers crossed.

Alison

Hey, Alison!

Please monitor for a few days and see if you get spam messages again.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds