Form Maker Hacks

Alison Meeks created the topic: Form Maker Hacks

I use the paid version of Form Maker and this is not my first inquiry about this problem.

My forms have (as you probably do also) include required fields to be completed prior to the form being accepted and sent to my client or myself. Things like email address, phone number, so that you can reply to the inquiry.

It is already known by you for months that hacks can be done around the JS and emails sent without those fields completed but no resolution has been made in these many months by Web Dorado. You were given weeks of site access to a client experiencing this. It is now many clients and my own site included.

In the last few weeks complaints from my clients are through the roof and I am getting dozens of these hacked/spam form submissions.

I am begging one last time for a fix to this issue. I love your Form Maker extension and recommend it in the Joomla FB group often, but I can't ignore the upset voices of my clients any longer and will be forced to another form extension if you don't fix this.

Hoping for a speedy resolution,
Alison

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

Dear Alison,

Thanks for getting to us!

Do you use captcha or recpatcha for those forms? At least you can block those IPs, as Form Maker has this feature.

Also, you can install an anti-spam extension to your Joomla sites.

Thanks and have a great day :)

Alison Meeks replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

Hi Anoush

I absolutely use Recaptcha on my site forms. And yes I can log in and block all those IPs coming daily on multi sites. Or I can use a form extension that doesn't allow this to happen.

I am guessing from your reply no fix for this is planned.

Thank you for your prompt reply,
Alison

Anoush replied the topic: Form Maker Hacks

Dear Alison,

Unfortunately, there is no other way for getting rid of this spams as they are not robots. You need to delete them manually.

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds