Error in the address validation and Template Override

EnduranceCode created the topic: Error in the address validation and Template Override

The validation of the address field has an error because it forces to fill

street1
and
street2
fields and it shouldn't happen because some users only need to fill "street1" to have a valid address. I've tried to change the validation JavaScript in
/com_formmaker/tmpl/default.php
and nothing changed in the frontend, the validation error still persists. The changed I've made was the following:
if((wdformjQuery("#wdform_'.$id1.'_street1'.$form_id.'").val()=="" && wdformjQuery("#wdform_'.$id1.'_street2'.$form_id.'").val()=="") || wdformjQuery("#wdform_'.$id1.'_city'.$form_id.'").val()=="" || wdformjQuery("#wdform_'.$id1.'_state'.$form_id.'").val()=="" || wdformjQuery("#wdform_'.$id1.'_postal'.$form_id.'").val()=="" || wdformjQuery("#wdform_'.$id1.'_country'.$form_id.'").val()=="")

I've also tried to change the HTML of the view/template
/com_formmaker/tmpl/default.php
and nothing was changed in the frontend. Where can I change the frontend template/view. Are template's override possible or I have to change the core code? If so, I can I do it (change the core code or the template override)?

I'm running Joomla 3.7 anda the latest version of Form Maker Lite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Error in the address validation and Template Override

Dear user,

Thanks for using our products.

Please note that it is not possible to remove the required option for one field. In this case, we suggest you disable the Street Address Line 2 field by checking in the Disable Field(s) section.

Or you can remove the required option for all this field.

Thanks and have a good day!

EnduranceCode replied the topic: Error in the address validation and Template Override

Desta Sir,

Isto don't want to remove the field street2 because sometimes it is necessary. I'm just pointing an error in your validation code, you should take advantage of my remark and correct your bug. If you can't do it or don't want to do it, please tell me what file to chance because then I Will bem able to do it. Is it the file I've mentioned before?

You've also did not tell me if you component allows a template override as I've asked you before.

I would buy your component if you could answer these two simple questions.

Thank you.

Anoush replied the topic: Error in the address validation and Template Override

Dear user,

I discussed with our developers and they told me that it is not possible to remove the required feature for one of these fields.

Please note that we have not faced with such a problem. So Form Maker does create overriding issues.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds