sporadic emails missed

Tony Field created the topic: sporadic emails missed

Hi,
I have been using form maker for some time and failed to find out why in about 10% of cases emails dont arrive.
The email from the form is set to go to a fixed number of people and the person entering the form. The person entering the form seems to always get the emails but sometimes one or more of the copied in people dont get their email.
The email addresses of the copied in people have not changed in years and they do get most of the emails, but not all. So its not that the form is setup with the wrong email address, its just not reliable.
The server that the web sits on has also not changed and works for some and not others.

Can you give me some pointers as where to look please.
One person did have a look and thought it might be something to do with a lack of a DMARC policy, whatever that is, but then if that was wrong why does it work 90% of the time and 10% is fails?
Here is part of the transcript from the server

relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.166.27]:25, delay=0.61, delays=0.17/0.01/0.12/0.31, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.166.27] said: 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.co.uk is not accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy.

relay=hotmail-co-uk.olc.protection.outlook.com[65.55.92.168]:25,
delay=1.1, delays=0.17/0.02/0.36/0.52, dsn=5.7.0, status=bounced (host hotmail-co-uk.olc.protection.outlook.com[65.55.92.168] said: 550 5.7.0
(SNT004-MC3F5) Unfortunately, messages from (85.13.222.242) on behalf of
(yahoo.co.uk) could not be delivered due to domain owner policy restrictions. (in reply to end of DATA command)) May 16 12:55:49 ns1 postfix/smtp[20207]: CD0CA3C4D75:

relay=mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[212.54.56.11]:25, delay=1.5, delays=0.17/0.02/0.09/1.2, dsn=5.2.0, status=bounced (host mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[212.54.56.11] said: 552 5.2.0 M0vn1v0135EQ44d010voUG DMARC validation failed with result 4.00:reject (in reply to end of DATA command)) May 16 12:55:49 ns1 postfix/bounce[20210]: CD0CA3C4D75: sender non-delivery notification: 3D1393C619F May 16 13:05:42 ns1 postfix/qmgr[9658]: CD0CA3C4D75:

I have removed our email addresses since this is a public forum.

tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: sporadic emails missed

Hi Tony!

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

The reason the emails don't always arrive is mostly due to the fact, that some email providers might block PHP-generated emails. They consider theme as spam (since spam is also PHP-generated), and filter them.

An example of those email providers are Hotmail or Yahoo.

You can resolve this problem the following way. Firstly make sure there are no limitations regarding mailing on your web hosting. Also, please set a static Subject for your submission emails, and also right additional content to Custom Text in Email.

This might help the email providers to detect that the submission messages are not spam
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Tony Field replied the topic: sporadic emails missed

Well perhaps I am being stupid
I have tried to put in some custom text.
Hi folks,

another email in from the DDRC web site.

This time for %Riders Name:%

However I get an error message saying that this is not a valid email address.
Secondly where is the setting to have a static subject?
But my emails see to always come through with a title on them but I agree that its generated by auto systems

In fact without changing the form I get the following message in a pop up. This occurs even when I am at the top level showing general options etc.

"This is not a list of valid email addresses."

So something seems to have changed since I did setup up the email addresses that the form is meant to be sent to. Now I cant even edit that.
tony

Ignore the last one. Fixed the email issue with saving.
Anyway I had a title for the emails and have now added in some custom text.

However I am not sure that what has been suggested is going to fix the problem. How does this change the DMARC which is what the servers are moaning about?
tony

Hey Tony!

Sorry for the trouble! You can fix the problem with "This is not a list of valid email addresses." error by following the steps demonstrated in the following video (make sure to set the quality to 720 HD).

Afterwards you will be able to find the settings mentioned in my previous post on Email Options tab.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi thanks for the video.
I had managed to find it and I did write above that I had sorted that.
The issue that I am still concerned about is DMARC. this is the item that seems to be stopping the emails geetting through as per my first transcript.
I have put in custom text etc but I dont see how that is going to fix the DMARC problem

Hey Tony!

Could you please check with your hosting provider and see if they have any limitations set regarding mailing? If this is not the case, please try using an SMTP plugin, which will most probably resolve the problem.

You can try this plugin for example: wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smtp/
Setting an external SMTP server, such as GMail should work. However GMail requires authentication. Please find the necessary details for SMTP setup below.

Mailer: smtp
SMTP Authentication: yes
SMTP Security: SSL
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Username: your gmail full address
SMTP Password: your gmail password
SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

Let us know if this helps.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds