Formmaker 2.5 to 3.x??

Sarah created the topic: Formmaker 2.5 to 3.x??

My extensions manager says I am currently running Formmaker 2.5. I just today downloaded 3.x

My issues leading to looking into updated versions have to do with being able to block IP's, which I can't currently do. I want a more sophisticated captcha to avoid some of the loads of spam I'm currently getting. Can I limit IP's to United States IP addresses, since my only legitimate users are in the US? I don't have anything against Bulgaria, but they are not my market.

But, my main question is if I upload the version I just got today, will I do away with all my current forms I have in use? I really don't want to have to go through and do it all over. Can I safely upload and install the newer version without screwing up my current set up?

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Formmaker 2.5 to 3.x??

Hello, dear Sarah :)

Thank you for posting your inquiry!

You can try to use recaptcha dear Sarah and also provide the IP address you want to block.

Note: Another option of blocking IPs can be done from the submissions section. You should go to Form Maker > Submissions. Check the box in front of Spam submissions and press Block IPs button at the top right corner.

We are kindly suggesting you use Export/Import extension for migrating the forms from Joomla 2.5 to 3.x without losing any data.

Here is the direct link to the extension: Click here

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Sarah replied the topic: Formmaker 2.5 to 3.x??

Hmm,
I am in Joomla, so I don't think I'm in the right forum.

Please tell me whether I can just upload the newer version of Form maker I bought last week without losing all my forms and their data.

Then I will look into better anti spam steps.

Thank you.

Dear Sarah,

You are in the right forum.

The newest version of Form Maker you can download from your account of web-dorado.com > going to My Product section (at the top of the page).

Please install the latest version without uninstalling the old one, this way the all created forms and data will be saved.

Should you require any further assistance contact me again. Have a nice day.

Did I do something seriously wrong here? I uploaded the newer version of form maker, and I believe it was installed. This I suspect because I am no longer able to access the Options for my forms! Can you please tell me how I am now supposed to manage my form details like emailing reply and notifications? Would appreciate some suggestions on how to get my options back.

Thanks.

Dear Sarah,

If you've done the steps as we described you, then the options should be displayed.

Otherwise, you need to add them separately.

Please, feel free to let us know if you require any further information. Have a great day!

I did follow the instructions, and I can't access options in existing forms. I can see you updated the options section for new forms. But I need to get into the options for my existing forms. Please advise.

And what in the world is "add them separately" supposed to mean? Add options? When clicking on options gets no response?

Dear Sarah,

May we check the problem from the admin area of your website? Please send the login information using the contact form on this page. Our development team will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

Also make sure to include the link to this forum topic in your message.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

ok, I submitted information giving access.

Dear Sarah,

You have been emailed, please check you Inbox.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds