Captcha not showing in form

Jason Manthei created the topic: Captcha not showing in form

Word Verification is showing but not the image causing the form to be unusable, when trying to edit it in administration it locks up and says page is loading.

i am running Joomla 3.7

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jason Manthei replied the topic: Captcha not showing in form

I reinstalled the form maker and problem went away nevermind

Agapi G. replied the topic: Captcha not showing in form

Hello Jason!

Thanks for posting about this problem and sharing the solution! As you already know, the latest release of Form Maker includes the fix for this problem.

Let us know in case there's anything else we can assist you with.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

cnn92 replied the topic: Captcha not showing in form

Hello,

I have the same problem and reinstall formmaker does not fix it at all.
Environment : PHP 7.1.5, FORM MAKER 3.6.11 (latest), JOOMLA 372, and MariaDB 10.2.6

In my opinion, it has something to do with PHP 7.1, because the same configuration works fine with PHP 5.6.30.
Please find attached the error messages I got from apache error log. They gave the routine (default.php) and line number in which there is a non-numeric field

Regards

File Attachment:

File Name: error.txt
File Size:4 KB

Attachments:

Hey!

Thanks for letting us know about this issue! Please note, that Form Maker only runs on MySQL database, it isn't functioning on your website, since you have MariaDB.

Are you (or your hosting provider) able to change the database to MySQL?
Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thanks for the tip. I will try with mysql and come back to you. But it DOES work with MariaDB and PHP 5.6

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with mysql 5.7.18 (see the attached error log).

I confirm you do have a problem with PHP 7.1 (and PHP 7.0 as well) vs PHP 5.6

Regards

Attachments:

Hey!

In that case, may we check the problem as a temporary Super User of your Joomla site? Please send the login information using the contact form on this page. Our developers will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

Make sure to mention the link to this forum thread in your message.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello,
You can easily reproduce the incident with ANY website :
1. Take the devlopment environment you like (e.g. XAMPP, WAMPSERVER...) with PHP 7.1
2. install an empty joomla and formmaker in it.
3. Log on to this site and edit any sample form included in formmaker : Try to add a new captcha field in it : If you run PHP 7.1 or 7.0, you won't see characters.
If you run PHP 5.6, you will see them again. You'll find the error messages in apache error.log for XAMPP and PHP. error log for WAMPSERVER.

I've tried with both XAMPP & WAMPSERVER, and it didn't take me more than 15 mn.

When you fix this, I'll be able to migrate my site in PHP 7.1, because it is the last problem I have.

Regards

Hello!

Could you please run phpinfo(); on your website with PHP 7.0 and 7.1 and see if GD2 library is enabled there? We have checked on a website with PHP 7.0, but the captcha image worked.

Make sure GD2 is enabled, and let us know if this helps to fix the problem.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello,

Yes GD2 is enable : see phphinfo() output attached in PDF. If you have an FTP server, I could upload a zipfile containing the environment I experience the bug, with a brief check-list to run it.

And by the way, I experienced another (minor) bug : When you want to export part of the submissions of a form to a .CSV file, you tick the records you want to export, and you click on the export button.
Well, now it exports ALL the submissions, regardless of what record you select. This used to work fine in previous versions. You'll find attached a capture of the screen to help you to test this.

Regards

Attachments:

Hello!

Could you please send the .zip file to [email protected]? We will try to import the files to a test environment and see if we can replicate the problem. Please mention the link to this forum thread in your message.

As for the CSV export, we are not sure how selecting some entries worked before, since Form Maker does not have that functionality. Exporting as CSV/XML exports all form submissions at once.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds