How to I link the data in forms

Mark created the topic: How to I link the data in forms

Hi Guys
Please see if anyone can help / advise here. I know this can be done but don't know exactly how to achieve this.

I want to have a form were I can add / edit and delete data. So a CRUD system for say a member table.
Basic info will be stored here.

If I now want to add a second table which links to this one.
IE the members order cupcakes, how do I link and show the members cupcake orders when that user logs in.

Another example:
If I have a main mamber and then they log on add family members basic info like name, phone and prefs.
How can I link the main member to the the family members table so when that user logs in they only see their family members
and can add / edit and delted info.

Many thanks for any guidance.
Regards
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: How to I link the data in forms

Hi Mark! Thank you for posting your question!

Firstly, we apologize for not responding you earlier. Our support forum was having technical difficulties.

Please note, that Form Maker has MySQL Mapping feature, which can generate INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE queries. For example, if you have a table on your MySQL database, a form can insert data, another one can update, and the third one can delete. This is manageable with the plugin.

However we don't think the linking functionality you described would be possible to accomplish after all. It seems to be very complex for the default features of Form Maker.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds