Copy test form to live website

Wouter created the topic: Copy test form to live website

Hi,

I created a long form on my test webpage and it is finished now. I would like to copy this form to my live website.
Both test and live website are on the same domain/server. The test website is basically an exact copy of my live website.
So how to copy the form to the backend and Form Maker of my live website?

Test website: Wordpress CMS > Created test form > ok > Copy to live website > Publish > Done.

Both my test and live website have a seperate Wordpress CMS installed.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Copy test form to live website

Hey Wouter!

To transfer forms from your test site to live you need to migrate Form Maker tables from test site database to live site database. Please follow the steps below to achieve that.

Uninstall Form Maker if you have it installed on your live site, where you don't have any forms yet (otherwise they are going to be deleted), then proceed with following steps:

On your test WordPress site:

1. go to PHPMyAdmin
2. open your WordPress site database
3. select Export menu item
4. change the radio button from Quick to Custom
5. unselect all tables and select the following 7 tables:

[wp1_prefix]_formmaker
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_blocked
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_query
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_sessions
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_submits
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_themes
[wp1_prefix]_formmaker_views

(where [wp1_prefix] is your WordPress database prefix)

6. scroll all the way down and press the Go button. This will export an SQL file containing those 7 tables.

On your live site:

7. go to your WordPress database
8. select Import menu item
9. browse for the exported SQL file
10. scroll all the way down and press Go button. This will import the form maker tables to your WordPress database.

Now you need to change the prefix for those tables to the one that is set for your live site database.

11. in PHPMyAdmin from the left pane of your second WordPress database select [wp1_prefix]_formmaker table.
12. select Operations menu item from top menu
13. scroll to Table options box and edit the value of Rename table to field with the live site WordPress database prefix, so that the table name now looks like this [wp2_prefix]_formmaker (where [wp2_prefix] is your live Wordpress site database prefix).

14. do the same for other 6 tables.
15. go to your live WordPress site administration panel and install the Form Maker.

That's it! Now you should have your forms, submissions and themes all set up.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Wouter replied the topic: Copy test form to live website

Hi Agapi,

Thanks for the detailed reply :) Unfortunately I have already forms running on my website which I can't delete plus they include submissions. So as I understand correctly, I have to re-make the form on my live website again as there is no alternative in copying/exporting an existing form than mentioned above.

Thanks.

regards, Wouter

Hey Wouter!

Here's what you can do in that case. We have an add-on for Form Maker Pro, which lets you transfer its data without uninstalling. It is Import/Export, and you can find more information about it by visiting this link .

Let me know if this is what you would like to have. Feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Wouter replied the topic: Copy test form to live website

Dear Agapi,

Ok great, I will take this into consideration next time I have to create and transfer a form.
Thanks again for your help!

regards, Wouter

Hello Wouter!

You are most welcome, hope the add-on will be helpful for you. Please don't hesitate to let our team know in case you will need assistance with our products.

We'll be happy to help!
Thanks! Have a nice start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds