Use template CSS

Ian Shere created the topic: Use template CSS

The pre-made themes are OK, but they are not the styling of the template. How can I make Form Builder use the template's style rather than choosing a theme in FB and having to edit the CSS every time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Use template CSS

Hello Ian!

You can create a new blank theme, which will not have any CSS code in it. This way the form will take the styles of your template, and you can make a few edits in the blank theme to display the form as you wish to have it.

Please give this a try and let me know if it works.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Ian Shere replied the topic: Use template CSS

Did that. Made a new theme and called it blank. I even set it as the default, but it doesn't show up under Form Options.

EDIT: I have started making a form and there are many issues in addition to above.

1. There is NO styling to any of the form. Even the page buttons at the top (multipage form) have no styling and aren't clickable (if they're meant to be). Deleted the blank theme I'd made and set the default one (that is default on install) as the default.

2. The fields and labels are all jumbled up, overlapping each other.

3. Required field star is not separated from the field label (should be a space) and is not red.

4. When clicking through to the next page without completing any fields, there's no warning of incompleted fields (this is set to check in the backend), but just goes to the next page.

5. Checkbox labels, which are set to display to the left, display on top.

6. In the backend, Hide/Show page does not work.

I have given up on doing any more to the form, it's already cost me 1/2 hour to find out this. I am a brand new user of your product, having just done 1 or 2 small forms in the free version, both of which worked fine. So you can imagine I'm very unimpressed by this.

www.citruskiwi.com/client-worksheet

Hello Ian!

In this case here's what we can do instead. Please set one of the built-in themes on your form and give is the link to the page, where it is published.

We will give you the necessary CSS code which will make a few changes in the theme and make it match your website template.
Thanks! Have a nice Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I have already done both - see my previous post. I set the Black - transparent as the theme (and as default) and the URL is
www.citruskiwi.com/client-worksheet

I have added another menu item www.citruskiwi.com/test1 where you can see a multipage form that comes with the installation. Note how the phone number fields are misaligned, and how any checkbox or multuchoice field labels are all pushed together without spaces.

I can't have forms like this on my sites.

Hello Ian!

Thanks for the links! But unfortunately the pages return 403 error, here's the message we get:

403 - This request is blocked by Admin Tools. Please change this message in the component's options.

If these pages are private, please send us temporary access using the contact form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1

Also make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message. Our development team will take a look at the problem as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I have heavy security on the site which includes geographic blocking. I have turned it off for now. Please try again.

This builder is certainly difficult to use and very flaky. I clicked "Edit CSS" then saved as a different theme name. Clicked Save (the form). Clicked Edit CSS on the newly created form, delete all the CSS and saved, then saved. The new theme just disappeared.

This component is so buggy I don't think I want to bother carrying on with it. It has so much potential, but there are just too many things not working in it. Unless I can get some immediate answers to these major issues, I will be wanting a refund. BTW, this self-deleting theme s on a different site altogether.

Hello Ian!

Could you please try adding the following CSS code to the form with the blank theme?

.wdform-element-section>div {
    margin-right: 10px;
}
label.mini_label{
    font-size: 12px;
}
.wdform_line {
    margin-top: -25px !important;
}

Let me know in case you will need further improvements on the form.

Also, for the theme disappearing, could we please take a look at this from your website admin? Please send us access info for a temporary Super User by filling out the form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1

Make sure to mention the link to this forum thread in your message.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

The new theme still will not save. Something is very broken, but I don't have the time to fool around with it. I have to look for an alternative.

Please refund.

Hello Ian!

Could we please take a look at the problem with new theme first?

I'm sure our developers will be able to provide a solution in a short time. Please submit a ticket with temporary credentials using the form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1 and include the link to this forum thread in your message.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I have made a temp login and sent the details.

Hello Ian!

Thanks a lot, I have assigned your support ticket to our development team.
They will check the problem and figure out a solution soon.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I got your reply which, strangely, does not appear here. You said:

"Dear Ian,

We have checked the saving problem, but it was done properly with a new theme. But here's what our developers recommend you to do instead.

Please use a built-in theme and remove the styles of inputs, select fields, textareas, links (<a> tags) and buttons. This way the theme styles will be applied on these elements.

Could you please give this a try?
Thanks! Have a nice start of the day!"

I cannot understand why this is such a big deal! The problem is, the style issue is just one thing that is not working. No, I'm not wasting anymore time on this. Something like this either works (for the basic things) out of the box or I cannot be bothered. I have spent too much time trying to make it work.

Again, please refund.

Hello Ian!

Firstly please note, that as I mentioned, that we could not replicate the problem, where the new themes were not saving. Could you please let me know where did you save the changes?

Also please note, that WebDorado generally does not make refunds, as our products are intangible. Here are the cases when we consider a full refund:

- If You purchase some particular product by mistake and have not yet downloaded it from Your account.
- If You found a bug, contacted our support team and we were not able to solve the issue within a reasonable timeframe (usually in 24 hours).
- If You have a recurring subscription, our billing system automatically charged You, while You have not downloaded the product after your initial subscription period.
- If You upgrade to a higher level subscription within one month of initial purchase, we refund the previous version.

So please let me know which steps did you follow that you saw the problem of saving, and I'll ask our developers to check the issue again.

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

OK so you won't give a refund, fine, however, I will be doing a review on JED. It will be objective and factually correct, but I will say what transpired.

This error (actually errors) occurred on all the installations I did of your product. Pity, as it looked really good, but, finally, the component I was using that had a major issue has been corrected so I will be going back to it.

Hello Ian!

We would love to help you out, if we could replicate the problem. You can check the extension with a different browser or computer, also after disabling browser extensions.

In any case, we couldn't see the problems you mentioned with Chrome and Firefox on Windows OS.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I hate being defeated by a bunch of 0's and 1's so gave it a final try. I found I'd been trying to do the new theme in the wrong place (within the form options) rather than in Themes. Now I have that figured out.

EDIT: How do I place more than one field on a line? Say I have Email and Phone, and want them on the same line, side by side. In the other form creator I use I can add a row and add columns to the row. Figured it out - just drag them! :P

When using recaptcha (I now always use v2 so it needs no explanation) I am still forced to put something in the field label. Please can the recaptcha field label NOT be required. No label is needed.

Hello Ian!

We are so glad you have figured it out! It's really nice to know that!

As for Recaptcha label, could you please try writing a space character instead of the text? This way the field will have a label, but it won't be visible on frontend.

Thanks! Have a nice start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

A space doesn't work - already tried it.

Hi Ian!

Are you sure? It is supposed to work, I tested before suggesting you. Please try again, although you can add two or three space characters just in case.

If it will not work, we can hide the label with a few lines of CSS code. Could you give us the link, where you have published this form?

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds