line breaks and lock text in text area

Crispin Williams created the topic: line breaks and lock text in text area

Hi there,

I am new to form maker and wondered if someone could please tell me how to add line breaks to text and lock text (so people cannot change it on the front end) when using text area in a form.

Many thanks for help here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: line breaks and lock text in text area

Hello Crispin! Thanks for posting your request!

Here's how you can achieve this functionality. Please edit the Textarea field and check the right-hand side of the toolbox. The field is previewed there.

Please add your text in it with line breaks first (attachment: 0916-textarea.png).

Afterwards scroll down to Additional Attributes option and add an attribute with the following values:

Name: readonly
Value: readonly

You can see this in attachment 0916-additional-attr.png.
Please try this and let me know if it works.

Thanks! Have a nice Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

Crispin Williams replied the topic: line breaks and lock text in text area

Agapi,

Many thanks for your help. Halfway there. The text is now locked, but the formatting is still not working with linebreaks - have tried copy and pasting from word and manually applying line breaks.

Also, although the text scrolling box works on the laptop, on the mobile (an IOS phone) it appears simply as a black mess with no writing visible. Would you happen to know how I could rectify this.

Many thanks

Crispin

Agapi G. replied the topic: line breaks and lock text in text area

Hello Crispin!

Could we please take a look at these two problems from the admin area of your website? Please contact us by email ([email protected]) and give temporary admin access to your website? We'll fix the issues on your Form Maker as soon as possible.

Also make sure to mention the URL to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thank you! Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds