margin or padding

John Merlo created the topic: margin or padding

On this page why is there so much padding or margin on the top and bottom I have this problem with every form I make?? www.inspirepossibility.com/wordpress/self-assessment-test/
Also the assessment test can I make something that looks like this with FormMaker??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: margin or padding

Hello John! Thank you for posting!

We'd love to help you out with this problem, but looks like this is not a Form Maker form. It seems to be a custom-made form created with tables, which is not very user-friendly or mobile-friendly.

But in case you were asking if this form can be built with Form Maker, looks like it won't be possible to achieve with our plugin. It has a calculator add-on, but it does not work in case of Matrix fields, which is what you have got there.

Thanks! Have a wonderful start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

John Merlo replied the topic: margin or padding

I would like to know how to make less space between lines of this contact form on page: www.inspirepossibility.com/wordpress/contact/ say between NAME, PHONE AND E-MAIL there seems to be a large distance between them. I also have this problem with all your forms how can I correct this problem??? It just does not look good. Also on the right side bar on this page: www.inspirepossibility.com/wordpress/self-assessment-test/ there is a lot of space above and below where it says Subscribe this is in the right side bar section it looks ugly can I do something about this???
I looked at the CSS but am not certain which one to change??? John :(

Hello John!

Thanks for the links!
For the first form, where the spacing between fields is large, please add this code to the very end of your form theme (form backend > Edit CSS):

.wdform-field p {
    margin: 0 !important;
}

As for the second form on sidebar, please use this code:
.wdform_page {
    padding: 0 !important;
}

Make sure to clear the cache of your browser before checking the changes. Let me know if the code works.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thanks so much! Another question I have is say I have a colored box and I would like to give it a custom rounded corners and a custom background color and a stroke px custom color also text is that possible in css styles?? Thanks for the help! John :)

You are most welcome, John!

This is surely possible! Just make sure to assign a class to your box (help link: goo.gl/wobh0u ), and then assign the CSS, for example:

.box_class {
    border-radius: 10px;
}

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

John Merlo replied the topic: custom formating

I thought I asked you this but I would like to customize the layout even more. On this page www.inspirepossibility.com/wordpress/letters-of-life/ I would like the buttons on the on the same line as where it says E-mail: is that possible?

and this page www.inspirepossibility.com/wordpress/self-assessment-test/ where it says Subscribe in the right column I would like to have a custom color and rounded corners with a stroke around the color or box and the text in custom colors. Can this be done?
I thought I asked this but I lot the email to this question thanks John :)

Agapi G. replied the topic: custom formating

Hey John!

Let me list the answers to your questions below.

1. Regarding the buttons being on the same line as Email input, please note, you can drag the button from backend of your from and place it on the same row. As seen in this animated screenshot: goo.gl/l89GxO

2. As for having a box below the subscription form in widget, please add the following code to style.css file or custom CSS editor of your website theme:

#pl-684 .wdform-field h3 {
    width: 110px;
    line-height: 40px;
    background-color: #bfbeaa;
    border-radius: 8px;
}

You can alter the value of background-color to the color you want to have on the box.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I tried dragging the submit and reset buttons along side the e-mail but it wants to go to the top or stay at the bottom this screenshot: goo.gl/l89GxO THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR ME!

The other answer really did not answer my question. Maybe you do not understand what I want. What happened was that the Subscribe was outlined I wanted the whole form outlined in color with custom color text
Subscribe

Subscribe to Mark’s inspiring monthly newsletter when you do you will be able to access his exciting and life-changing E-Book, Reclaim your Life-and learn the Seven Keys to Living a Balanced Life
E-mail:

The whole area in a color all the way down to the send and reset buttons on this page www.inspirepossibility.com/wordpress/self-assessment-test/ in the right hand column.

Hi John!

Regarding the drag and drop, could you please send temporary WordPress administrator access credentials to [email protected]? Most probably the feature is not working on your Form Maker.

Our developers will take a look. Also please mention the link to this forum thread in your e-mail.

As for the box styling of the form, please use this code instead:

#pl-684 .wdform-page-and-images {
    background-color: #ccff66;
    border-radius: 8px;
    padding: 6px;
    width: auto !important;
}

Let me know if this is what you want to have on your form widget.
Thank you! Have a wonderful start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds