Post Generation

Verdun created the topic: Post Generation

Hi
I have installed Post Generation and filled in some details on a form, pressed submit. What happens now? I have no idea where it has gone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Post Generation

Hello Verdun!

Firstly please make sure to configure Post Generation options from Form Options of your form. Set Enable option to Yes and choose the rest of necessary settings, e.g. post type, categories, tags, etc.

Let me know in case you have other questions.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Verdun replied the topic: Post Generation

Yes, I have done all that, but where does it go when I Save and what do I do?

Could you send the instructions as I don't seem to be able to get to them through your site.

Ta

Hi again!

If you have set all these options, the posts/pages should be saved on your WordPress. Could you please check them in their corresponding sections?

If the posts/pages will not be saved, we'll need to take a closer look. Would you mind to give us temporary WordPress admin access? You can send the info to [email protected]. Our development team will take a look at the problem as soon as possible.

Also make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your e-mail.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Ah, I have had a bit of success in that the page saved when a submission was made. Is there any way to make it save the page before the first submission? That would make the admin at my end much easier.

Hi Verdun!

We are not sure whether we understood your request properly, but let's give it a try. Would you like the form to save the post as a draft when the users submit, which you can publish later?

If that is so, please set the Status option from Post Generation settings to Draft.

In case this is not what you meant, please clarify your requirement a little bit.
Thanks in advance! Have a fun Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

Let me try to explain.

It would seem that the page does not get published until the first submission is made. This being the case, it means I can't put the page in a menu or put a link to it until the first submission is made. This in turn means that I have to remember carry out these actions after the first submission has been made.

What I want to be able to do is force the first publication as soon as I set it up (and before the first submission is made).

This is basically because I need the publication to be in two forms. The first with all the submission data that is on a page only accessible to our staff and the second (via post generation) with just names, that can be accessed by the kids and their parents.

Hi again Verdun!

Unfortunately Form Maker does not generate an initial post just before the first submission. This is because the post data is strictly based on the information users fill in the forms.

So as a workaround, you can submit the forms once after you create them, and set the links to menus, where you need them.

Will this work for you?

Also, if the problem is actually that the users are not notified, that their submission has been published, you can add a custom text for Action after submission and write a note about it.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds