Minimum length for submitted text?

Janne created the topic: Minimum length for submitted text?

Hi!

Is it anyway possible to make FormMaker to have minimum length for the inputted text?

I would like to use FormMaker since it normally works perfectly. But if this is not possible, cannot use it in this project I have. We're making site where people come and tell their opinions of various topics. just few words should be not accepted as an answer, since the point is that people think about it.

If adding this feature requires programming, that's fine. But I won't hack the original plugin files, since by doing that I would loose all the changes when I update the plugin..

If not possible, I guess will make a new plugin by myself but I would like to avoid it to save some time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Janne replied the topic: Minimum length for submitted text?

Hi! I found already plugin called "Contact Form 7". By installing also another plugin called "Contact Form 7 minlength", this will do exactly what I need.

FormMaker is wonderful. Thank you for it! However, must say Contact Form 7 can be better customized and has also other better features. So I may give up FormMaker. Only minus Contact Form 7 has is that it does not save submitted data to DB but sends it by email.

All the best and thank you for your plugin!

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Minimum length for submitted text?

Hi Janne,

Thanks for your inquiry.

In reality, it is very easy to manage with our form.

When creating the field, there is an option to enable regular expression.

You should have just enter regular expression and it'd validate the field.

You could feel free to update the plugin, i has nothing to do with code change.

If you'll still try to use our plugin, I can send you the regular expression for the desired result.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds