Copy forms in phpmyadmin

LisaM created the topic: Copy forms in phpmyadmin

Is there a way to export the data from phpmyadmin and import into another database as I have a development website that I want to add the new form onto without creating from scratch. I have all ready installed the mod and component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Copy forms in phpmyadmin

Hi Lisa! This is surely possible with Form Maker!

Here's what you will need to do.

On your first Joomla website:

1. go to phpMyAdmin
2. open your site database
3. select the Export menu item
4. change the radio button from Quick to Custom
5. unselect all tables and select the following tables:

#_formmaker
#_formmaker_blocked
#_formmaker_query
#_formmaker_sessions
#_formmaker_submits
#_formmaker_themes
#_formmaker_views

(where # is your Joomla database prefix)
6. scroll all the way down and press the Go button. This will export a SQL file containing those tables.

On your second Joomla website:

7. select the Import menu item
8. browse for the exported SQL file
9. scroll all the way down and press the Go button. This will import the form maker tables to your second Joomla database.
-- now you need to change the prefix for those tables to the one that is set for your second Joomla database.
10. in the phpMyAdmin from the left pane of your second Joomla database select the #_formmaker table.
11. select the Operations menu item from the top menu
12. scroll to the Table options box and edit the value of Rename table to field with the second Joomla prefix, so that the table name now looks like this #2_formmaker (where #2 is your second Joomla database prefix)
13. do the same for other tables.
14. go to your second Joomla administration panel and install Form Maker there.

That's it! Now you should have your forms, submissions and themes all set up.

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

LisaM replied the topic: Copy forms in phpmyadmin

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately I am getting this error ?

SQL query:

--
-- Dumping data for table `jvphn_formmaker`
--

INSERT INTO `jvphn_formmaker` (`id`, `title`, `mail`, `form_front`, `theme`, `javascript`, `submit_text`, `url`, `submit_text_type`, `script_mail`, `script_mail_user`, `counter`, `published`, `label_order`, `label_order_current`, `article_id`, `pagination`, `show_title`, `show_numbers`, `public_key`, `private_key`, `recaptcha_theme`, `paypal_mode`, `checkout_mode`, `paypal_email`, `payment_currency`, `tax`, `form_fields`, `savedb`, `sendemail`, `requiredmark`, `mail_from`, `mail_from_name`, `reply_to`, `send_to`, `autogen_layout`, `custom_front`, `mail_from_user`, `mail_from_name_user`, `reply_to_user`, `condition`, `mail_cc`, `mail_cc_user`, `mail_bcc`, `mail_bcc_user`, `mail_subject`, `mail_subject_user`, `mail_mode`, `mail_mode_user`, `mail_attachment`, `mail_attachment_user`, `user_id`, `sortable`, `created_by`) VALUES
(1, 'Contact', 'myEmailAddressHere', '<div class="wdform-page-and-images" style="display:table; border-top:0px [...]
MySQL said: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

Hi Lisa!

Could you please let me know the Form Maker versions and Joomla versions, that you have on your two websites?

Also please make sure, that Form Maker is initially not installed to your second site. Install the extension after transferring the database.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I had already installed form maker so I uninstalled it and imported the database tables.

I have just gone to install form maker and now I get this error:

Warning

Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `#__formmaker` VALUES(1, 'A mailing list', '', '
%1 - custom_1%
%2 - Your Email Address:%
%3 - Word Verification:%
%4 - type_submit_reset_4%
', 7, '// Occurs before the form is loaded\r\nfunction before_load()\r\n{\r\n\r\n}\r\n\r\n// Occurs just before submitting the form\r\nfunction before_submit()\r\n{\r\n\r\n}\r\n\r\n// Occurs just before resetting the form\r\nfunction before_reset()\r\n{\r\n\r\n}', '', '', 1, '
%all%

', '
%all%

', 5, 1, '2#**id**#Your Email Address:#**label**#type_submitter_mail#****#3#**id**#Word Verification:#**label**#type_captcha#****#4#**id**#type_submit_reset_4#**label**#type_submit_reset#****#', '2#**id**#Your Email Address:#**label**#type_submitter_mail#****#3#**id**#Word Verification:#**label**#type_captcha#****#4#**id**#type_submit_reset_4#**label**#type_submit_reset#****#', 0, 'none', 'false', 'true', '', '', '', 0, 'testmode', '', 'USD', 0, '1*:*id*:*type_section_break*:*type*:*custom_1*:*w_field_label*:*
Join the mailing list (Sample)

*:*w_editor*:**:*new_field*:*2*:*id*:*type_submitter_mail*:*type*:*Your Email Address:*:*w_field_label*:*150*:*w_field_label_size*:*top*:*w_field_label_pos*:*200*:*w_size*:**:*w_first_val*:**:*w_title*:*yes*:*w_required*:**:*w_unique*:**:*w_class*:**:*new_field*:*3*:*id*:*type_captcha*:*type*:*Word Verification:*:*w_field_label*:*150*:*w_field_label_size*:*top*:*w_field_label_pos*:*6*:*w_digit*:**:*w_class*:**:*new_field*:*4*:*id*:*type_submit_reset*:*type*:*type_submit_reset_4*:*w_field_label*:*Submit*:*w_submit_title*:*Reset*:*w_reset_title*:**:*w_class*:*true*:*w_act*:**:*new_field*:*', 1, 1, '*', '', '', '', '', 1, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 1, 1, 1, 1, '1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,',1,0);
Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_formmaker.zip

Hello Lisa!

The error says, that the database entries are duplicated. So here's what happened. When you uninstalled your Form Maker from the site you are trying to import, the database tables did not get completely deleted.

So please delete Form Maker tables from the database of the site, where you are trying to transfer your forms. Afterwards import the exported entries.

Then log in from your Joomla admin and install Form Maker. The problem will be resolved.
Thank you! Have a very fun Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Wonderful, thank you.

All working now and forms imported.

Thank you for your help.

Lisa

You are most welcome, Lisa!

We are very glad the problem was solved on your website. Please don't hesitate to let our team know in case you have any other requests. We'll be happy to assist you with them!

Could I ask you to share your feedback for Form Maker and our service on Joomla Extensions Directory? Your comments are a very important contribution for our Joomla development team!

Let me provide the link to Form Maker page:
goo.gl/Ctvm1D

Many thanks in advance! Have a nice start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds