Showed server error when trying to save form

David Gordon created the topic: Showed server error when trying to save form

Hi, Just purchased the pro version of the Form Maker. I spent 2 hours building a form, then when I saved it, it displayed server error and I lost what I done to the form...... Any Ideas what caused this? Is it the form maker or is it just a coincidence, I have never had server error before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Showed server error when trying to save form

Hello David!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue, and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please send an e-mail to [email protected], and give temporary WordPress admin access to your website? A support ticket will be opened for you and our development team will take a look at the issue ASAP.

Also please make sure to indicate the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

David Gordon replied the topic: Showed server error when trying to save form

Hi, I will forward an access link to the site for you. I am having a few issues with the plugin. I find it more difficult to use as the form |I am making get larger, it mixes up the position of fields when it is saved. It takes about 15 seconds for it to respond to click and move action. It also makes the page unresponsive and I need to click the wait, instead of kill button or I loss what I have done. Apart from that it is a great plugin. LOL

Hello David!

Thank you for sending the access! I have reviewed your ticket and assigned it to our developers. They are currently taking a look at it. I will make sure to keep you posted about the results.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi,
Thank you. I notice a few buttons do not work on the website unless I disable the form plugin. Also once the form I was building got to a certain size, it became very unpredictable and became unresponsive when trying to use the click and drag. If the form is small there is no issue with that feature. It also does not store the new data properly once it is a certain size, either by omitting some data, or moving it further up the form.
I am sure this is just a couple of little bugs or maybe the form was just to big. Anyway my site is not live yet, so do have time to sort it out.
Regards David
P.S. Where do you enter the ticket number to see what is happening with the issue?

Dear David,

Regarding the buttons conflict, could you please mention which buttons are not functioning when Form Maker is activated?

Kindly note, that I have reported a bug to our developers, indicating the issue of drag and drop. They will resolve it in one of the next few versions of Form Maker. Meanwhile please use the arrows, which appear after disabling Drag and Drop option.

As for storing new data, could you please mention what kind of data are you trying to save? Are they just the form submissions, or you mean adding fields to your form?

And lastly, unfortunately our support system does not have ticket status checking functionality, but we will have that in the future. Thanks for suggesting!

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi.
The button issue has been resolved by your team.
I can still build the form without the drag and drop until you fix the bug.

The data I was meaning was the field text, and position layout of the field. On saving it, it would sometimes either not save the new fields, or add the field further up the form, or not display the text entered on the field, sometimes both. This issue is only once the form reaches a certain size. I do not know the reason for it. The form I was building has about 160 fields in it and about the same in conditional fields, it started going wrong after about 1/3 of the way through it.
I like the form plugin and I am sure with the little bugs removed it will be perfect.

Regard David

Hello David!

Could you please check a few things, that might be causing the problem? There are two directives in php.ini file of the website, that might be set to small values, thus causing these problems.

Please open the file (or you can ask your hosting provider to check) and search for max_input_vars and post_max_size directives. Try to set a much larger value for both of them and test your form afterwards.

Let me know if it starts working properly.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,
I have no idea how to do this, & after contacting my hosting providers, they said they would do it if I would like to pay them $30 for the pleasure of them doing it. (is this the actual problem though?)
I am still getting problems with the page becoming unresponsive, even when I delete 2-3 fields to replace them, it freezes then becomes unresponsive, I press the wait button and after about 20-30 seconds it responds again. It also happens when I use the arrows to move a field up or down, the page hangs then becomes unresponsive.
Just A note; I have used ninja forms on this site and one of the forms I did with this was just as big, but did not make the page unresponsive, which makes doubt that the issue could be to do with hosting settings for size. There again I am not a genius when it comes to building a website:)
Regards
David Gordon.

Greetings David!

That's a bit harsh of them to request a payment, since it is a usual thing to enlarge max_input_vars and post_max_size of the website, actually.

But in any case, let us do the following. We will work on the problem and update Form Maker. Hopefully this version will fix the problem on your form, but in case it doesn't, we will take a further look at the issue from your site.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,
I have updated the plugin to version 2.8.40 and it still has not helped to resolve the issue. I have also noticed that the form is not stable. I can have it the way I want it, run through it a couple of times and it is fine, then try the 3rd or 4th time and some of the fields have changed. I have the form so it expands depending on the selection, but sometimes I am seeing fields that should not be there, I change it again, it will work a few times, then there will be other fields that appear when they should not. It seems a never ending battle with it.
Regards
David Gordon

Hello David, hope you are having a nice weekend!

Let me discuss this issue with our development team. Looks like it is not only the freezing, there might be other causes to this problem. I'll be back to you as soon as they have a suggestion for you.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Greetings David!

I spoke to our developers and they would like to take a look at this issue again, if you don't mind. I checked the admin access you had for us, looks like it doesn't have admin rights currently.

Could you please open a new ticket and send admin user credentials?
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi.
Thank you for your help with this. I have applied administrator roll again for you if someone can have a look. The issue with the "accept cookies button " and the buttons to remove the help text from the page for site building users are not working again unless I unplug the form builder. The issues with the plugin regarding the forms, I can work with, albeit frustrating at times, but I would appreciate it if something can be done with it. Is this only me that has experienced this when building large forms?

Regards David

Hi David!

Thank you for reopening the access!
I have reopened the ticket, so our development team can work on all the issues. I'll be right back to you as soon as they respond.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello David!

I am happy to let you know, that the button conflict on your website has been resolved! We are currently working on the freezing problem on your form.

I'll make sure to notify you when our development team is done working on your website.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi David!

I am happy to inform you, that the problem on your website regarding browser freezing has been resolved! Could you please check your form and confirm, that it is now functioning properly?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,
Thank you, yes the problem I was having seems resolved, I can move fields around without any problems with page freeze. But the problem with the cookie accepting button and the website builder dismiss notice buttons have stopped working again.You had fixed this a couple of times for me but has returned. Also my lightboxes fail to work. Is this something I can fix when it happens? It seems pointless for it to keep returning after you fix it and I need to contact you again again, maybe easier if you told me how and I can do it until you have a permanent fix for it.
Regards David

Hello David!

Looks like our developers haven't provided a permanent solution, and that is why you keep facing the issue again and again. So I have just asked them to look as thoroughly as they can and come up with a fix, which will not break again.

I will make sure to notify you as soon as they respond.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi David!

I am happy to inform you, that the problem on your Form Maker and cookies button has been resolved! Could we ask you not to update your Form Maker, since the code is customized?

In case you will need an update for a feature, please make sure to contact our team first. We will make sure to include the fixes and then install the new version.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,
Sorry I have been away for a couple of weeks. Yes that is fine, just one question though; After my support runs out after a year, unless I renew the support, I will not be able to update features as I cannot do it as the code is customized, is this correct?
Regards David

Greetings, David!

That is correct, when the subscription period is over, you can still use Form Maker as long as necessary. And you will get support (bug/issue fixes) from our team. However, you will need to renew your subscription to get further updates of the plugin.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds