Update Notification

Grace Nasralla created the topic: Update Notification

Hello,

I got an update notification and its asking me to download the new version of Form Maker and then to delete the version I have and Upload the updated plugin to my WordPress website. If I do that I am afraid I may lose the forms that I have already created and that I am already using on my website.

Please advise as to how the update my affect my existing forms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Elizabeth Elmore replied the topic: Update Notification

Just a note until the Dodado folks get back to you.
I am brand new here, but from the little I know
The Form Maker is just a tool to load records in a standard format into a SQL database that is included in your Joomla installation. Replacing the Form-Maker software won't disturb the records you already have in the database unless the coders here have done something VERY unusual.

If they have you should see evidence of flames and pitchforks somewhere here. If you don't then you are probably safe to upgrade and probably should because it was mentioned last March that some ass had written an exploit to get into the DoDaDo databases.
This happens to the best, but if you are running an enterprise you need to upgrade to keep your client information safe.

Support replied the topic: Update Notification

Dear Grace,

Elizabeth is right, replacing Form Maker files with their new version will not erase database tables. But she is referring to Joomla Form Maker, while it seems, that you have WordPress.

Thank you so much, however, Elizabeth!

For WordPress, you need to deactivate and delete current version and install new. You won't lose your Form Maker data this way. The only way, that deletes forms, submissions and other information, is uninstalling Form Maker from WordPress left menu item.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Grace Nasralla replied the topic: Update Notification

Thank you very much for your replies. I will move ahead with the update now

Support replied the topic: Update Notification

Dear Grace,

Fantastic! Please feel free to let us know in case you have other questions.
Thanks, have a nice week!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds