Fatal Error Message when posting with Easy Discuss

Edgar Lanzado created the topic: Fatal Error Message when posting with Easy Discuss

I have both Form Maker and a forum component called "Easy Discuss" installed on my Joomla site. When I try adding a post on the "Easy Discuss" page I have created, I get this fatal error message regarding Form Maker - Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ReCaptchaResponse in /home/lanzador/public_html/fdmsoft.com/components/com_formmaker/recaptchalib.php on line 137

I asked the support team at Easy Discuss and they said it is related to Form Maker and to get help from you guys.

What is causing this error and how do I fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Fatal Error Message when posting with Easy Discuss

Dear Edgar,

The problem could be due to your website configurations. Or maybe the two extensions are conflicting, Form Maker might be interfering the code of Easy Discuss.

Could you please contact us to [email protected] and provide temporary admin access to your website? We'll fix the problem on your product as soon as possible.

Please mention the full link to your forum post in the e-mail subject.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Betty Kasischke replied the topic: Fatal Error Message when posting with Easy Discuss

I have this same problem.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() (previously declared in /home3/****/public_html/****.com/components/com_formmaker/recaptchalib.php:47) in /home3/****/public_html/****.com/plugins/fabrik_element/captcha/libs/recaptcha-php-1.11/recaptchalib.php on line 55

Trying to edit a Fabrik element, I get a "plain vanilla" display, non functional.

Because of Fabrik going all bootstrap and not looking pretty on my preferred template I sought out another form component and found Form Maker. However, I still have Fabrik forms on my site and need to keep them active for a while. What is the fix for this issue? Since I don't use recaptcha, can I rename or move the php file or comment out the offending lines?

That said, Form Maker makes MUCH prettier forms than Fabrik. And I'm a Fabrik girl from way back!

Dear Betty,

I tried to look up for the solution of Edgar's problem, but turns out he didn't contact us on this topic. We can check the problem with Form Maker if it occurs there also and see what's wrong. Please let us know in case you would like us to do so.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Betty Kasischke replied the topic: Fatal Error Message when posting with Easy Discuss

Hi,
I'm closing this thread for my part. After consulting with others, we decided that we needed to keep Fabrik and uninstalled Form Maker. I'm really sorry about this, because I love the way Form Maker works and how it displays on the front-end. But for our purposes, it just didn't do the trick.

I've submitted an email to support. I think there are some improvements that would make Form Maker a must have and give Fabrik a run for its money (which it does now).

Good luck,
Betty K.

Dear Betty,

No worries, thank you for your kind words about our extension!
Please feel free to let us know any time you have questions or support requests.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds