autonumbering

Kenneth Hall created the topic: autonumbering

How can I set up a field for auto-numbering, such as creating a support ticket or a RFQ number that is unique?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: autonumbering

Dear Kenneth,

Do you need to generate a unique number and fill it in an input field of your form? Sounds like it needs to be done with additional Javascript code.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Kenneth Hall replied the topic: autonumbering

Yes, just need to create a "serial number" and have it added to the form and included in the email to the customer in response to their completing the form and submitting it. The customer should not be able to edit the number.
Actually it can be created when a registered member opens the form and the number would be assigned to that transaction. It could be shown as request # xxxxx on the form. If the customer decides not to submit, then the next person opening the form would just get the next number. i.e. # xxxxx+1

Hope this makes sense.

Unfortunately I know nothing of JavaScript.

I would think that this would be a neat feature to present to your customers as I am sure they could use something like this.

Support replied the topic: autonumbering

Dear Kenneth,

Unfortunately the product doesn't have a functionality like that yet. But we can make a customization on your website with an additional fee. Please contact us to [email protected] if you are interested.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds