Could not instantiate mail function.

Paul created the topic: Could not instantiate mail function.

New install of Form Maker on Joomla 3.4.1. Listened to the step-by-step guide vids. Got the form built and published via a module. Enter data and hit submit and get this result:

Notice

And

Error

Error, email was not sent.

I searched the forum for "Could not instantiate mail function" and both previous instances were responded to with a request to e-mail support. Can someone explain what the situation is with this so folks can resolve this themselves? Or is e-mailing support the only option on this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Could not instantiate mail function.

Dear Paul,

The reason, that our developers need to take a look at this type of problems, is that it could be both server-side and from Form Maker. In your case, where the error says "Notice. Could not instantiate mail function." could mean, that the error is server-side. You can check this by simply sending a test e-mail from your Joomla admin. If the same errors appear here, then you will need to contact your hosting provider to resolve the problem.

But in case the error will not appear when sending a test mail, then the problem is caused within Form Maker and we will need to take a look to come up with a solution on your website.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Paul replied the topic: Could not instantiate mail function.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Using Mass Mail I am able to send an e-mail to the users. So I guess that means there's an issue with Form Maker. I just retested the form and it still has the same error messages. Please let me know next steps to resolving this.

Thanks

Dear Paul,

In that case please contact us to [email protected], and give temporary admin access to your site, indicating the forum post link in your email subject. We'll try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Pieta Laing replied the topic: Could not instantiate mail function.

I have the same problem so am also interested in the solution. I am just using a test form - contact us - to learn about form maker and the email function does not work. I suspect there is a simple checkbox i have not checked. Thanks

PS. I get 2 notices.

Notice

and

Notice
Your form was successfully submitted.

Cheers

PPS. The emails go through. It is just the error message which is a problem.

Ok. my problem has sorted itself out now. Perhaps it just needed time. On the way to fixing itself the messages appeared on an unrelated page. The extra messages went when I re-saved the page. Weird.

Dear Pieta,

Perhaps you hade error reporting of the page enabled and that is why the notice was displaying. Usually PHP errors, warnings and notices don't appear on the page, unless the error reporting is enabled.

In any case, please feel free to let us know in case you face any other problems.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately the error message has come back when I added a new form. When the form is submitted the form page says

''Notice
Could not instantiate mail function.''

The form is embedded in an article page.

Can you tell me where I find error reporting of the page so I can see whether it is enabled.
ps I need very clear instruction as to how to find it. Thanks

Dear Pieta,

It should be in Global configurations of Joomla admin, but it seems like the problem really is in Form Maker. So can you please contact us to [email protected] and give temporary admin access to your website? We will take a look and solve the problem as soon as possible.

Please indicate the full link to your forum post in the subject of your e-mail.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds