Form submission not sending email

Preston Kilgore created the topic: Form submission not sending email

I am not receiving email after form submission. I have all the settings right in the Form Options. My guess is it has to do with Apache not proccessing mail? I have tried SendMail, SMTP and PHPmail with no success. With SMTP or PHPmail I do not get any email error messages and forms submit successfully but still unable to receive the email, checked junk and spam folders as well. SendMail always gives me an unable to send email error message. I am using Outlook on local server and our IT guru apparently configured it to work. Even tried sending to my GMAIL address using SMTP with no success.

All the servers I have ever worked with were pre-configured (Godaddy, Hostmonster, etc.) so this is somewhat new to me. I have been unable to find any information as to what could be the potential problem with Apache. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Preston Kilgore replied the topic: Form submission not sending email

Figured it out.

Support replied the topic: Form submission not sending email

Dear Preston,

We are glad you have go the problem solved. Please feel free to let us know in case you face any others.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Mr.T replied the topic: Form submission not sending email

Hi Preston,
can you please share what was the solution because i'm having same issue,.. I can't get submissions to be sent to a specific e-mail,.. thanks!
Simon

>>> happiness is a cold day in hell

Agapi G. replied the topic: Form submission not sending email

Dear Simon,

Usually in Joomla this problem occurs when Joomla Cache is enabled from Global Configurations. So please check if it is enabled and make sure to disable.

Please let me know if this helps or otherwise we'll take a look at the problem.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Preston Kilgore replied the topic: Form submission not sending email

This has been some time ago and I have since moved on from Joomla but I can try and help. This may not be your fix but this what I did.

I temporarily downloaded and installed JEmail Config Verifier. This will allow you to test for the correct email settings with a push of a button while playing around with email configuration settings. A lot easier than trying to submit forms over and over.

My issue turned out to be as simple at the wrong port setting. With SMPT I was trying to use port 25 but 465 was the correct port setting. Try out this plugin and mess around with your email settings.

Anything beyond that is out of my expertise. Hope this helps and good luck!

Dear Preston,

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us!

The e-mail problems can be caused by different reasons, either website configurations, or hosting limitations. But your solution is a great one.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Papys replied the topic: Form submission not sending email

Hi!

Unfortunately, Preston solution did not help. It does not send e-mail, neither to me nor to the user.

If you enter an e-mail address in the "Email to Send Submissions to:" box, you can throw 404 pages.

There is a solution?

Hi Papys!

In that case could you please send an e-mail to [email protected] and give temporary admin access to your website? Our developers will take a look at the issue as soon as possible and provide a solution.

Also please make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds