contact form not responsive

Michaela Fischer created the topic: contact form not responsive

Hi,

I have now added a contact form to my website, but it does not react responsive when I make the browser window smaller, nor when opening the page on an iPhone or iPad.
May I kindly ask you to let me know how I can fix that?

Here the URL:
www.amstudio.at/design/kontakt

Kind regards,

Michi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: contact form not responsive

Hello Michi! Thanks for posting about this issue!

Most probably there is a CSS and/or Javascript conflict on your website. Could you please open a support ticket by writing us to [email protected]? Our development team will take a look at the problem as soon as possible and provide a solution.

Kindly send temporary WordPress admin access to your website, and also make sure to indicate the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Gilbert replied the topic: contact form not responsive

I just noticed that I have the same issue. I did not notice the problem until I tried the website on my phone. Every other device is large enough that the fields work. I was thinking I may have to reduce the size of the fields to continue to use this plug-in. I did purchase the pro-version but had to re-install the programs and never figured out how to get the program to recognize I had purchased it. but that is not the big deal.

Hello Gilbert! Thank you for pointing out these issues!

Actually the Pro version problem is very important to us, you should use Pro with premium features, if you have purchased it. Could you please send an e-mail to [email protected], referring to this forum topic? We will check everything regarding this issue.

As for the responsiveness problem, could you please give the link to your form page? I will try to provide a CSS code first.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Gilbert replied the topic: contact form not responsive

cclg.us/?page_id=698 this is the actual page. I use your plug-in for various email requests.

Thanks for the link, Gilbert!

Could you please try adding the following CSS code to the theme of your form?

.wdform-element-section {
    width: 100% !important;
}

Let me know if it resolves the responsiveness issue on your form.

And Michi, the problem on your form maker related to responsiveness has been resolved! The following code was written in style.css file of your Lavish Pro Child theme:
#Kontaktformular {
    width: 969px;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

It was conflicting with form styles and keeping its width always 969 pixels. We have removed this code and the issue was resolved.
Could you please check the form and confirm, that it is now displaying properly?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Gilbert hatfield replied the topic: contact form not responsive

I do not know enough about HTML and coding to do what you ask. If I did I guess I would not be using some of the themes and plugins that I am using.

Are you going to be able to fix your plug in to work or is it always going to take patches?

Again I do not know enough about coding to know if this is even possible to accomplish or not. I do love the way you have provided sample emails to get people like myself started but when you have to go back to HTML to make them work it causes them to become much less useful.

Thank you for your help in the past and I would hope you can help me in this issue.

Hello Gilbert!

I know it might sound a bit hard to implement this, but it actually is not that tricky. Let me provide you a step-by-step guide of adding the code mentioned above to the theme of your form.

1. Firstly open your form from the administrative panel of your website, and go to Form Options.
2. Afterwards make sure you are under General tab.
3. You will see a button titled Edit CSS, please click that button.
4. A popup window with the form theme CSS code will open. Scroll to its very end and copy the given code there.

Save the theme, Form Options and your form, and then refresh the form page. Let me know if you have further questions.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thank you for your reply but you have no idea who you are trying to help or how dense a person can be and still try to develop a website. By the way if I can do something anyone can. I will tell you that much. Here is my issues I have with your instructions:

"Administrative Panel" In WordPress I cannot find anything that is called that. I can find something like that on my theme management area but not sure how to get to the CSS from there.
"Theme of your form" are you talking about the page that the short code was put on? Or are you talking about the. I can go there but again Administrative Panel where is that?

Of course your other directions do me no good without finding the starting place.

I will give you access my website and maybe you can give me better directions if there is away to provide you the login info. I use Weaver Extreme which is a free theme. I use it not so much because it is free (I have purchased a few themes) but because it allows me to do things that would normally have to be done in CSS. For the same reason I purchased ThriveThemes "Content Builder" and other products. Cost is not the big issue it is can someone use the product with little specific knowledge. That is why I was attracted to your product. It was great until I found it did not work responsively for me.

By the way I changed to a different theme and Still had the same issues.

Website is www.cclg.us

Thank you for your response in advance

Gilbert Hatfield

By the way I'm sure that you are going to get this fixed. I have looked at other contact plugins before starting to use yours. None come close for ease of use for people like myself. The responsive issue you will fix or this plugin will stop being used. Your response is the greatest and because of that I have chosen to purchase the product anyway. The question I have is when I purchase it is it best to redue my forms. Which really is not that big of a deal I have only customized 5. The other question is are you going to make it possible to have more than one set of radio buttons or check boxes on a form or are there no plans to do that?

agapi.G Boy I'm dense. I just realized what you are calling yourself. I'm using these forms on my Churches web site CCLG.us. It is waiting for this issues to be resolved and someone to do a spell check on the pages.

SWD replied the topic: contact form not responsive

I think please improve responsive css styles for form maker pro, When looking on desktop or mobile device the fields or captcha is too small.

Hello guys!

Gilbert, we received your e-mail, I have sent you a further request about admin access, so we can solve the problem for you. I'll be looking forward to receiving your response!

And SWD, thank you for your notes, we are constantly working to improve the responsiveness and other styling components of our form plugins. But these issues are usually CSS conflicts or similar glitches.

Thank you!
Have a great week, guys!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds