Spammers / No Info

Ronald Garrison created the topic: Spammers / No Info

Has anyone else noticed lately that they are getting a bunch of forms with spam information in the submissions. I have all the fields set for required but still receive alot of forms with blank lines and garbage posts like SEO requests and such.

Anyone know of a way to make the forms so all fields are required and prevent some of the garbage posts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Spammers / No Info

Dear Ronald,

Thanks for posting about this problem!

Could you please add Simple Captcha or ReCaptcha verification code to your forms? We'd recommend ReCaptcha, since it uses modern protection technologies and is more secure than Simple Captcha.

Let me know if this resolves the spamming problem.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Ronald Garrison replied the topic: Spammers / No Info

Google recaptcha is on my forms. That is the first thing i add to my forms.

Dear Ronald,

In that case could you please contact us by e-mail ([email protected]) and give temporary WordPress admin access to your website? Our development team will take a look at the problem and figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Also please make sure to include the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I have sent the email with the access information

Dear Ronald,

Awesome, thanks a lot! I have reviewed your ticket and assigned a task to our developers, who will check the problem very soon.

I will let you know about the results right after hearing from them.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Dear Ronald,

I am gladly informing you, that the spamming problem has been resolved on your website.

What spambots do is they scan through all form maker fields, despite they are hidden, or not, and they fill in data. Our development team added a hidden field and a small Javascript validation code, which requires that hidden field to be empty.

In case the hidden field does contain value, the form will not be submitted.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

So how do I see the field and the javascript they added so that I can add it on other forms i create?

Dear Ronald,

Please be informed, that the hidden field is added to your form. And the code, which is actually PHP (sorry, my mistake) is implemented to /contact-form-builder/frontend/views/CFMViewForm_maker.php file.

The following code is written around line 1094:

$rep = '<div type="type_submit_reset" class="wdform-field"><div class="wdform-label-section" style="display: table-cell;"></div><div class="wdform-element-section '.$param['w_class'].'" style="display: table-cell;"><button type="button" class="button-submit" onclick="check_required'.$form_id.'(&quot;submit&quot;, &quot;'.$form_id.'&quot;);" '.$param['attributes'].'>'.$param['w_submit_title'].'</button><button type="button" class="button-reset" onclick="check_required'.$form_id.'(&quot;reset&quot;);" '.$param['w_act'].' '.$param['attributes'].'>'.$param['w_reset_title'].'</button></div></div> <input type="hidden" value="" name="hidden_field">';

This part of the code, which is at the very end of it:
<input type="hidden" value="" name="hidden_field">

is the code added by our developers.

Also they have added this code to /contact-form-builder/frontend/models/CFMModelForm_maker.php file, right in the beginning of save_db() function:
if($_POST['hidden_field'] != '' ){
    return;
}

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

So does this mean everytime you release an update and we have to download the contact form and reinstalled it I then have to go back and put these in?

Also notice in the 1st block of code you wrote: <input type="hidden" value="" name="hidden_fild">
In the 2nd block you wrote: <input type="hidden" value="" name="hidden_field">

The 1st is missing the e is that on purpose?

Dear Ronald,

Unfortunately, yes, you need to make the changes with each update. However, since we don't implement large functionality changes to Contact Form Builder, you can keep this version for a while.

Also, you can try recreating your form with another one of the samples, this might resolve the problem.

As for your question, the letter "e" was just missing from the first block of code, I just edited it and made the changes.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thank you. I have removed the plugin and started using another one that will actually prevent the spammers from sending in forms. Even after the changes your developers made we were still getting 5 or more a day.

Hello Ronald!

I'm sorry to hear that, we'd love to see you among our customers. Hopefully the new plugin will work on your website.

Please feel free to let me know in case of having further support requests or questions regarding our products. I'll be happy to assist you with them.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

William Sterling replied the topic: Spammers / No Info

Ronald Garrison wrote: Has anyone else noticed lately that they are getting a bunch of forms with spam information in the submissions. I have all the fields set for required but still receive alot of forms with blank lines and garbage posts like SEO requests and such.

Anyone know of a way to make the forms so all fields are required and prevent some of the garbage posts?

Yes I also have been getting forms returned with missing required fields and SPAM. My question is to the development team ... How soon will there be a permanent fix released or do I also have to replace Form Builder?

Hello William!

Could you please make sure you have the latest version of Contact Form Builder installed to your website? It is 1.0.44 (Lite) / 2.0.44 (Pro). Also make sure to place Simple Captcha or ReCaptcha.

In case you do have the latest Contact Form Builder, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and give temporary WordPress admin access to your website. Our development team will take a look at the problem and figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Also please make sure to indicate the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Agapi G. wrote: Hello William!

Could you please make sure you have the latest version of Contact Form Builder installed to your website? It is 1.0.44 (Lite) / 2.0.44 (Pro). Also make sure to place Simple Captcha or ReCaptcha.

In case you do have the latest Contact Form Builder, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and give temporary WordPress admin access to your website. Our development team will take a look at the problem and figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Also please make sure to indicate the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Turns out I had 2.0.42 so I just updated this morning. I always use captcha. ;-)

Discovered this morning how to find out about updates! Check marked the Newsletter in profile page.

Thank you for your quick response!

Greetings William!

We are very glad the problem was sorted out on your website! Please don't hesitate to let our team know in case of facing other questions or having support requests. We'll be happy to assist you!

Could I ask you to kindly post your feedback about Contact Form Builder on WordPress.org, sharing your personal experience with the product and our service? Our team would greatly appreciate that.

Here's the plugin page link: wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/contact-form-builder

We'd love to hear from you.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Agapi G. wrote: Greetings William!

We are very glad the problem was sorted out on your website! Please don't hesitate to let our team know in case of facing other questions or having support requests. We'll be happy to assist you!

Could I ask you to kindly post your feedback about Contact Form Builder on WordPress.org, sharing your personal experience with the product and our service? Our team would greatly appreciate that.

Here's the plugin page link: wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/contact-form-builder

We'd love to hear from you.
Thank you!

Thank you for your prompt response. I will need to see if I get any more forms filled that way before I can leave feedback. A week should "tell the tale". ;-)

Hi William! Hope you are having a great weekend.

Please don't hesitate to let our team know in case you will have any kind of questions regarding the product. We will be happy to help you out with them!

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds