Contact Form upgrade - will it keep my changes?

Kim created the topic: Contact Form upgrade - will it keep my changes?

In order to update the plugin you have to deactivate and delete it. What happens to the custom css settings I made in order to get the form to display the way I wanted? How can I make sure to save those settings. I am not very good at CSS so it took me a long time. I am not sure I'd be able to duplicate it.

I made my changes within the plugin.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Contact Form upgrade - will it keep my changes?

Dear Kim,

Could you please let us know in which file exactly you made the changes? Or were the modifications added to Contact Form Builder themes?

In case you have added your CSS code to Contact Form Builder themes, then they will not be updated in any way. But if you have modified core plugin files, the modifications will be lost, unfortunately.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Kim replied the topic: Contact Form upgrade - will it keep my changes?

I went into the Contact Form Builder plugin
then Manager
Then Theme03 transparent - edit CSS
save

So as far as I can tell the CSS is saved in your plugin, right? If I deactivate it and delete it, my changes will be gone, too? So maybe I shouldn't upgrade to the new version of the plugin?

Agapi G. replied the topic: Contact Form upgrade - will it keep my changes?

Dear Kim,

These are Contact Form Builder themes, which are custom data, saved in your website database. Therefore they are not being modified after deactivating/deleting and installing another version.

So please feel free to proceed with the update, since you will not lose any of your CSS codes.

The only case, when they will be deleted is if you uninstall Form Maker.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kim

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds