My first contact form is working. 3 questions.

Charles F Miller created the topic: My first contact form is working. 3 questions.

The webpage is on a site I'm donating to a local non-profit:

trustworks.org/contact/

1. I think the form can be responsive, but mine isn't, so far. Can someone comment and point me toward instructions for making it responsive?

2. The capcha image is too small for eyes like mine to make out without struggling. We aim to avoid struggles for our responders.Can a designer-type, not savvy coder-type, make it larger?

3. Can the form be in a popup window? And also be on the Contact page? Would that require making 2 forms? I'm not sure it needs to be in both spots, but wonder if doing so might have an advantage in some situations. Maybe the thing is to create the popup window somehow, and then add the shortcode to the popup window.

Any comments on how this newbie might do things better are most welcome.

unklchuk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: My first contact form is working. 3 questions.

Dear Charles,

Please find the answers to your questions below.

1. Regarding to responsiveness problem, could you please submit a support ticket by e-mailing us the link to this forum thread to [email protected]? Kindly grant us temporary admin access also. Our developers will fix the issue ASAP.

2. As for the captcha size, please add the following CSS code to your form theme:

.captcha_img {
    width: 100px !important;
}

3. And lastly, unfortunately form cannot be viewed in a popup window, unless your theme has popup blocks, which support content shortcodes.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Charles F Miller replied the topic: My first contact form is working. 3 questions.

Top notch support. Thanks.

Re 1: Maybe you won't have to dig in to our site -- although I'll certainly give you access if that's best. It occurs to me that I put the form in a div and that I gave the div a width of 700px. (To keep the horizontal rules from spanning the width of the page. Perhaps that width is interfering with responsiveness. Perhaps it should be eliminated -- or made into a maximum width...?

Re 2: I'll try that.

Re 3: The client had wanted a popup, but when they saw the form on their Contact page, they said that's fine. No need for a popup.

I am going to try to put an anchor on the Contact page at the form beginning, and call visitors to the form itself, not just the page. Is there a best way to do that?

Dear Charles,

Thank you for your kind compliment!

Yes, the hard-coded width is most probably the cause of this problem. Please use max-width and height: auto; rule to set up parent div width of Form Maker.

But in case you won't find out a way to do this, please contact us by e-mail and we'll figure out a solution for you.

As for the anchor on Contact page, we don't quite understand your requirement, could you please specify it a little bit more?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Charles F Miller replied the topic: My first contact form is working. 3 questions.

ITEM ONE..... Anchor -- Found this online in a WP help thread. Am guessing it should go into a surrounding div around the shortcode.

"<a name="somename"></a>

This places a named anchor into your page. So that when somebody links directly to your page with #somename at the end of the URL, it goes directly to that spot in the middle of the page."

Haven't tried it yet.

ITEM TWO.....
Max-width: auto is NOT working for me to make the email form responsive as it should be. I added it to a surrounding div around the shortcode. But perhaps you want me to be brave enough to go to:

trustworks.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=manage_cfm

Perhaps I should uncheck Auto Generate Layout, and add the max-width to the div at the very top of all that code. Save and refresh the Contact page. Is that the mission before me?

At the end of this current batch of efforts, I eliminated the surrounding div around the shortcode. Went to pure shortcode, nothing else. That isn't responsive either.

Let me know if it's time to give you username/password... (Would I send that through email?)

And let me know if I can do a favor for Web Dorado in appreciation of this tech support. I have more time -- and Photoshop skills -- than I have money.

Dear Charles,

Thank you for your notes!

We are not sure whether the mentioned attributes are causing the responsiveness problem on your form. Therefore we need to take a closer look at the problem from your website admin and figure out a solution for you ASAP.

Please send temporary login information of your WordPress admin to [email protected]. And by the way, our technical support is free for our customers. We do everything we can to provide excellent service.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

The tech support person asked for more information, and we supplied it. How are things going for making the email form responsive?

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: My first contact form is working. 3 questions.

Dear Charles,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Our support team has just informed me that they have solved the issue and provided details to Chris.

If I am not mistaken different people contacted us from your company.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Our non-profit organization doesn't have a Chris (but I'm double checking with TrustWorks).

Did they perhaps mean Kim? Or might it be that they are thinking of another organization altogether?

Our site is trustworks.org.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: My first contact form is working. 3 questions.

Oh, I'm sorry Charles.

They have replied to one of your employees named Kim Knuppel telling that issue is solved.

After that we haven't received any email from you.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds