Receiving emails without required fields

Ron created the topic: Receiving emails without required fields

Hi,

We have Form Maker installed in Wordpress. Occasionally we receive emails with content of the forms submitted, but without some of the required fields. It seems it's spam.

We wonder how it is possible to submit form data like that and if it is a security risk.

I found a simular post for the Joomla version, that seemed to be fixed in a new version. We use version 1.12.11 and the last email with this issue is dated 16th january 2018.

Anyone else has this issue as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Receiving emails without required fields

Hi Ron,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue!
Do you use captcha or recaptcha for this form? If not, we are kindly asking you to add one of those fields and test one more time.

Thanks and have a nice start of the week!

Ron replied the topic: Receiving emails without required fields

HI,

Thanks for your reply. We are already using captcha, so I don't think that should be the problem. However, when checking all sorts of settings I noticed that a lot of other forms, most installed as examples when installing the plugin, were active. We don't have any reference to them on the website, but could it be possible that somehow they can be filled in if you know the url or anything else that can open them?

Thanks,
Ron

Anoush replied the topic: Receiving emails without required fields

Hi Ron,

Could you please give us temporary WordPress admin access? We need to take a look at the issue from the backend are of your website.

Please send the login details using this form. .

Thanks! Have a nice day!

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds