WP Form Maker Stripe Add-On

Stephanie Bronner created the topic: WP Form Maker Stripe Add-On

Hi,

At first Agapi's message of 2/2016 was what I needed, but it is not panning out in practice. I'm trying to make a Stripe payment optional. I tried putting in a zero value, but each time the form is submitted, it alerts - cannot find payment information - even though the Stripe field successfully disappeared (conditional field) when the zero option was selected. Is there something else I'm missing?
Steph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: WP Form Maker Stripe Add-On

Hey, Stephenie!

Thank you for posting your question!

Unfortunately, forms built with Form Maker plugin cannot have two payment gateways at once. Since it is set up from Form Options > Payment Options, only one gateway is allowed.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Stephanie Bronner replied the topic: WP Form Maker Stripe Add-On

Hi Agapi,

Thanks for responding. I'm not sure to what you're referring ("gateway") - are you saying that since some of my Form Maker forms are still using the PayPal plugin I cannot make a payment through Stripe optional?

All my forms from now on will be using Stripe - currently creating them - and then I will be phasing out use of PayPal for the site forms. I was just hoping someone could submit a form as a free registration?

Here's Caesar's query from 2/16 that reflects my problem too. I tried doing what you posed to him, but it didn't work unless I misunderstood.

"We have a form that uses the stripe extension to accept credit card payments. The form allows you to select your registration amount from a select box then enter your credit card info to process the payment. We want to allow users to select a free registration and not have to enter credit card details before submitting the form.
We tried making the credit card fields a conditional field. This did not work because even though the field is hidden, it is still required to submit the form."

Hello, Stephanie!

Please note, that by payment gateway I was mentioning to the payment system. Unfortunately, each form can use one payment system.

As for Caesar's query, please note, that this user needed to have either a payment through a form or no payment at all. This case is possible with form maker, in case you configure conditional fields.

Is this feature what you would like to have?
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi again Agapi, Hope you're well.

Yes - I was trying to say that I did want a payment to be optional for a registrant, and that I tried creating conditional fields and entering a zero value option, but this did not work either. Perhaps the payment field in the form needs to be a drop-down box as opposed to the other types? I tried so many variables - many versions of conditional fields - but even when the total showed $0.00 - when clicking "submit" an error still popped, "No payment info found."

Thanks,
Steph

Hi, Stephanie!

You can achieve this using Conditional Fields the following way. Add one regular Single Choice field with these options:
Pay with PayPal
Pay with Check

Afterwards add two sets of almost identical fields, one built with regular fields, second - with Payment fields. Then you can set conditions from Form Options > Conditional Fields, if the user chooses PayPal, payment fields will appear, otherwise regular fields will.

The user won't be redirected to PayPal, if they make their selections based on regular fields.

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thanks Agapi. I am gathering that only PayPal can function in that situation, not Stripe. I am trying to switch our forms over to Stripe instead of PayPal. We want to be done with PayPal for our business. I am giving in to the inconvenience of having to make two forms for each program - one if you want to pay online and one if you don't. It's laborious particularly since the "Save as Copy" button isn't functioning (is that something others are reporting?). This Stripe shortcoming is something I hope Web Dorado will improve, in the Add-On's next update.

Thanks,
Steph

Hello, Stephanie!

Unfortunately, the solution I mentioned will not work in case of Stripe. However, you can copy your forms and let users submit them with different payment methods.

As Save as Copy button is not working, please give us temporary administrator access to your website. You can send the login information using the contact form on this page. Our development team will make the changes as soon as possible.

Also, make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thanks Agapi! Just sent it, with a link to this thread in the link-to-issue field.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds