Form Field before submission - unique RMA returns number for my company

DAVID OWENS created the topic: Form Field before submission - unique RMA returns number for my company

Hi guys, first of all i would like to say how good this form maker is and how much it helped me in work to create a MySQL database and map the submissions from the Form Maker.

The form i created is a technical call log for my company - i am new to all this and pretty much learned Wordpress in a few days- i have no education in coding and don't really have the time to learn it to a level i need, so i am asking you pro's here if you can perhaps help me!

My question is, i need a field in my form that would be a unique incremental number, before submission, i want to use this field to generate a unique "Returns Number"
perhaps in the format of " DO12345" the DO being my initials, i would like all my staff to have their initials as a prefix also Example " JR12346" when a "RMA" select box is selected "yes" i can conditional email to an appropriate email account

But i am not fussy at this point any thing would do as long as its incremental, id be happy with 1,2,3,4, etc something so that we can give our returned equipment unique tags in the front end form before submission so we can process and keep track of and map the field over to MySQL database

I know that the submissions get a incremental ID number, but i cant get that to map over to the database and i would like it in the front end - any tips help would be great, and remember i am a noob at this but i am intelligent.

Look forward to hear any suggestions/workarounds from you guys

Thanks,

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Form Field before submission - unique RMA returns number for my company

Dear David,

Thanks for this inquiry!

Most probably you can get the functionality you want adding custom javascript. For the conditional emails, we are suggesting you use
Conditional Email. add on. Please note that the add on is integrated with the Pro version of Form Maker.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds