In WordPress Form Maker cannot insert Section Break mid-form

Paul Foraker created the topic: In WordPress Form Maker cannot insert Section Break mid-form

I have a multi-section application form into which I want to insert a new section. I can create a new Section element, but cannot move it, nor insert it "before" another element. If I can't find a way to do this, I'll have to completely redo the form. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: In WordPress Form Maker cannot insert Section Break mid-form

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting to us!

Have you tried to move it using drag and drop functionality?

Thanks and have a great day!

Paul Foraker replied the topic: In WordPress Form Maker cannot insert Section Break mid-form

The section break in Form Maker for WordPress is not draggable. You also cannot create a new section break at anywhere other than the end of the form -- the editor won't let you insert a section break before another element.

You can drag other elements around a section break, but reorganizing a complex multi-section form is too hard. It's actually easier to start over.

Paul Foraker replied the topic: In WordPress Form Maker cannot insert Section Break mid-form

I tried copying the HTML from an existing section break and pasting that into a new HTML element in the form editor, which can be dragged around. However, that generates what appears to be a section break, but is only one column wide.

Anoush replied the topic: In WordPress Form Maker cannot insert Section Break mid-form

Hi Paul,

I discussed with our developers, they told that it is not possible to drag and drop Section and Page Break. This fields does not have this functionality. You can use Custom HTML field adding <hr> tag into that and move the fields here you want.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you, Anoush. Unfortunately, creating a custom HTML field with a horizontal rule cannot be used to emulate a section break when the reason for the break is to separate a 2-column layout from a 1-column layout. Inserting the HTML field in that case forces the 2-column layout into one column, or it places the horizontal rule into one column only. You can specify a width for the rule that covers the entire width of the form, but it will not function as a section break.

Also, I tried copying the code from an existing section break and pasting it into a custom HTML field. That doesn't work. The behavior of the section break is apparently not entirely controlled by the code in the section break editor.

So, here's a feature request: rewrite section and page breaks so they are movable. Not so easy, I'm guessing.

-- Paul

Dear Paul,

So we are kindly asking you to share your suggestion here

We'll review this post after a few more votes and add it to our development task list. Thanks again and have a nice day!

There is already a feature request from 2015 called "Moving Section Break", to which I added:
Paul Foraker commented on Sep 26, 2016 04:54
During normal editing of a complex form, the inability to move a section break causes me to spend way too much time moving fields (thereby breaking the layout). High priority for me.
-- and --
Paul Foraker commented on Jul 26, 2017 18:41
Specifically -- feature request: rewrite section and page breaks so they are movable.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim

Dear Paul,

Thanks for the post and the comment. We will review it.

Have a great day!

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds