Updating to latest form maker pro - old forms uneditable

Joanne created the topic: Updating to latest form maker pro - old forms uneditable

I just upgraded FormMaker Pro from version 2.7.92 to 2.11.1.

The following message came up:

---
The following forms were created using an outdated version of Form Maker and do not have all the features we've added to our plugin, including responsiveness:
form 1, form 2, form 3
We want to inform you that we've decided to terminate support for the outdated forms listed above, starting from version 1.11.0 (Upcoming major update). If you are still using those forms, please re-create them. Before re-creating the forms you should not update Form Maker.

---

When I go into the Manager section, I am unable to edit any of these forms to see the exact information including Form Options. I can only delete the forms.
I need to access the existing forms so I can copy all of the information into the new form.

What do you suggest?

Go back to an earlier version?

For my reference, which version of FormMaker become responsive?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Updating to latest form maker pro - old forms uneditable

Hello Joanne!

Thank you for letting us know about this problem!

Please note, that Form Maker became responsive in 2014, starting from 2.7.0 version. We are sorry to cause you this inconvenience, but this is done to improve the structure of Form Maker plugin.

Could you install one of the previous versions (2.10.0+), so your forms would be editable? You can recreate them and install 2.11.1 afterwards. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Joanne replied the topic: Updating to latest form maker pro - old forms uneditable

Thanks for your reply Agapi.

The version of have before 2.11.1 is 2.9.16. Is that suitable to install?

Then, shall I recreate the existing forms and after that, upgrade to 2.11.1?

Also, I cannot just copy the existing forms, I have to recreate them, don't I?

Agapi G. replied the topic: Updating to latest form maker pro - old forms uneditable

Hello Joanne!

That's right, installing 2.9.16 and recreating should work. Just please make sure to use new themes, after you install 2.11.1, so the display will function correctly.

And unfortunately, copying the forms will not resolve the problem, you need to recreate them.
Thanks! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Joanne replied the topic: Updating to latest form maker pro - old forms uneditable

I've deactivated, then uninstalled version 2.7.90.

I have now installed and activated version 2.9.16, but none of my forms show at all!

I went through the process of deactivating and reactivating all plugins as well, but the forms still do not show.

There is only white space where the form used to be.

Reverting back to version 2.7.90 didn't help either. I have reinstalled 2.9.16.

Could you please help sort this issue as a matter of urgency?

There are more than 6 forms on this website that are no longer working.

I will send you an email with access details, with reference to this ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Joanne!

Did you use Uninstall Form Maker menu item to remove the plugin? If so, please install a database backup from a few days ago, since this action removes all Form Maker data. You can contact your hosting provider and ask them to restore from the last backup.

But if you did not uninstall this way, but only deactivated, deleted, then installed, please let us know. I will pass the admin access information to our developers, so they can take a look.

Thanks! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I deactivated, deleted, then installed.

Please pass the information on to your developers so they can fix this.

P.S. I have already asked the host to restore the backup from a previous version, but that did not help.

Hi Joanne!

I passed the ticket to our development team, so they can take a look at the problem. They will provide a solution soon.
I'll get right back to you when they finish working on your site.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Joanne!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has resolved the problem you were facing with Form Maker. All forms should be up and running properly now. Could you please take a look?

Let me know in case there's anything else we can assist you with.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds