Font & Background Colours Need Adjusting

Graham Segal created the topic: Font & Background Colours Need Adjusting

Hi, Web-Dorado Team,

I hope you can help me. I am a 'greenhorn-novice at this website building game. I am building my very first site. My site is based on the WeaverII theme and uses a black background. I created & installed a simple registration form but have run into difficulty trying to get the font and text area colours right. I tried to adjust the font & text area colours by changing some CSS settings, but as I am not CSS literate, I was not able to fix the problem.

If you look at the form I created (it's about halfway down the page) at
chironthebusinessdoctor.itsonline.com.au...e-placement-network/
the things I need to fix are:

1. The field titles need to be changed from black to dark orange #ff6600. At present they are blended into the background. I was able to change the colour of the titles 'First' & 'Last'.

2. The background colour in the Name field textbox needs to be changed from white to black.

3. The submitter's text entry for the Name textboxes is green and is set by the theme. However, I cannot get a curser or enter anything into any of the other textboxes. I fear I may have caused this myself when I tried to adjust the CSS colour settings.

I look forward to your comments.

sincerely,

Graham Segal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Administrator replied the topic: Re: Font & Background Colours Need Adjusting

Dear Graham Segal,

You should edit the CSS of the form using "Edit CSS" button in the back end of the form and replace the whole css with content of ( web-dorado.com/support/form.css ) file.
If the problem is not solved, please give us ( to [email protected] ) a temporary admin user account to your site, and we will try to help you to solve the problem.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Graham Segal replied the topic: Re: Font & Background Colours Need Adjusting

WebDorado team, thanks so much! Your CSS coding has worked a treat.

Unfortunately, activating the new form has shown up another technicality. When the form is completed and sent, the message 'Your form has been successfully submitted' appears at the top of the webpage in a very large yellow font on a white background. This message seems to wrongly be interacting with a plugin i am using throughout the site: Table of Contents Plus (the WordPress Plugin Directory describes this plugin as:

A powerful yet user friendly plugin that automatically creates a context specific index or table of contents (TOC) for long pages (and custom post types). More than just a table of contents plugin, this plugin can also output a sitemap listing pages and/or categories.
Built from the ground up and with Wikipedia in mind, the table of contents by default appears before the first heading on a page.… By Michael Tran.

To show you what happens, I have attached three screenshots:

The first is the top of the webpage before the form is filled in.
The second shows the form as completed,
The third shows the top of the page after the form was submitted.

I am presuming that the message sent notice should be in a format consistent with the webpage look, and positioned just below the form.

Is this something you have come across before? can it be fixed?

sincerely,

Graham

The screenshots did not upload. :oops: I'll try again

Dear Graham Segal,

Please give us (to [email protected] ) a temporary admin user account to your site, and we will try to find out the problem of WordPress Form Maker as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Dear Graham Segal,

The problem is solved.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Thank you so much for fixing this difficulty for me. I have one last request. I'm sorry to have overlooked it in my inexperience.

When a site visitor fills in the form acknowledging the investment warnings, the visitor needs to be transferred to another page where there is a link to the actual investment offers. So, is it possible for you to add a click event so that when the site visitor clicks SEND on the form, the visitor is automatically transferred to this page:

chironthebusinessdoctor.itsonline.com.au...o-investment-offers/

This page is hidden from the main menu.

Just for your information, this procedure is required by Australian law. Under the law, I am not allowed to let anyone look at investment offers unless they identify themselves and acknowledge the investment warnings. These requirements are enforced by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), the Australian Government's securities industry regulator. ASIC is the Australian equivalent of the US SEC and has similar regulatory, supervisory and prosecutorial powers. They are not people you want to mess with.

The regulations have been brought in for two reasons. One is to give small investors the warnings to be careful. The other is because there are a lot of scammers and swindlers who exist on the fringes of the venture capital industry. These crooks are quick to try and take down both investors and companies trying to raise capital. The sad part is that many of these crooks are successful. They take advantage of trusting small business persons and, after doing their damage, leave these small business persons with shattered dreams and often, no money left to get on with their business venture.

it's up to consultants like me to try and educate people to be careful.

Guys, you have been very good to me in fixing these problems. Shortly, I will be putting a widget on my Home page headed 'Please Support these Fine Online Businesses'. I will be listing a couple of companies that have helped me. With your permission, could I also include a link to your website?

sincerely,

Graham

Dear Graham,
At the back end of the form, you can select "The Post, which appears after submission".

If the desired page is not a post, the best way is to
1.create a post and insert a javascript code, that redirects the user to another page.
2.select that post in the "Post that appears after sumbission".

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Hi, team:

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I'm not javascript literate (coincidentally, a couple of days ago, I downloaded some Teach Yourself Javascript lessons, but I haven't started them yet). Would you mind creating a suitable piece of code for me to insert.

The page with the Form and the page to which the site visitor is to be transferred to are both static pages in a traditional-format website. The page to which the person SENDing the Form is to be transferred to is

chironthebusinessdoctor.itsonline.com.au/access-link-to-investment-offers/

you will have probably noticed that I posted this problem as a new Forum thread. I did that because I did not get a response for a couple of days, and I thought you might have closed the thread for further posts, seeing that the problem had been solved. So I posted it again as a new thread, just in case. Sorry if that has inadvertently caused you any trouble.

My offer to include a link on my Home Page to your site is still open.

sincerely,

Graham

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds