Submit does NOT send email to email on file.

Prime Local created the topic: Submit does NOT send email to email on file.

I have seen this as a common problem with this plugin and it seems that I have fallen victim to it as well LOL...When the "submit" button is clicked NO email arrives at the address populated in the plugin. The plugin DOES store the submission but for some reason does NOT send the alert email person identified in the plugins admin area. Please advise. Thanks!!

PS - I know that its been common practice to ask for credentials to the site to fix the issue but I'd like to know what the prob / solution are so I can understand what's happened.

PSS - Does it matter that for now I was just using the free version? In other words, could the fact that I am using the free version be causing the problem? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Submit does NOT send email to email on file.

Dear customer,

First of all please make sure the email is not filtered to the spam or junk email folder.
- Try using another email address (preferably one with the same domain as your site)
- Wordpress uses PHP mail. Perhaps your hosting does not have sendmail enabled. Please contact your hosting provider.
- Alternatively, you can use SMTP, which should always work.

You can use this plugin for example: wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smtp/
Setting up an external SMTP server, such as GMail should work. But GMail requires authentication.

Mailer: smtp
SMTP Authentication: yes
SMTP Security: SSL
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Username: your gmail full address
SMTP Password: your gmail password
SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Prime Local replied the topic: Submit does NOT send email to email on file.

Yeah I have tried all that / verified that to the best of my ability. Please advise. Thanks!!

Dear customer,

Could you please give us (to [email protected]) admin access to your site, by indicating the forum post link in your email subject. We'll try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Prime Local replied the topic: Submit does NOT send email to email on file.

Ok it seems to now be working so 1) thank you :) 2) can you explain what you did so I can understand what the problem was? Thanks!

Dear customer,

It was a temporary issue. You will not face it again.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds