Emails Not Making It To Yahoo or Frontier (Operated By Yahoo)

Stephani McDowell created the topic: Emails Not Making It To Yahoo or Frontier (Operated By Yahoo)

I am using WordPress Form Maker. Form submissions get emailed fine to gmail accounts. When I try to email form submissions to Yahoo or Frontier email accounts, they do not get the emails. I found out that Frontier runs off of Yahoo.

What is the deal? What can I do? I read that I might be able to add some kind of code to the form that would make Yahoo happy - any ideas?

I confirmed that my domain is *not* blacklisted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Emails Not Making It To Yahoo or Frontier (Operated By Yahoo)

Hello Stephani!

Thank you for posting about this problem!

Please note, that these issues are originated in your website hosting, rather than Form Maker. The hosting sets limitations sometimes, which prevents the emails to be sent to some addresses.

Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to drop those limitations? Let us know how it goes.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Stephani McDowell replied the topic: Emails Not Making It To Yahoo or Frontier (Operated By Yahoo)

I will contact them now but here is why I don't think that is the case - I can send the Yahoo & Frontier addresses emails from my domain email account without issue. If it was a hosting problem, they would not get emails from my domain at all, right?

Agapi G. replied the topic: Emails Not Making It To Yahoo or Frontier (Operated By Yahoo)

Hey Stephani!

That's correct, of course. But the problem is, that emails from Form Maker are PHP-generated messages, which hosting might consider spammy, and this can cause Yahoo! to block them.

We have a different suggestion, in case the hosting provider won't be able to help you. You to use SMTP system for sending out emails, which should always work. Please install this plugin, for instance, it is very easy to use: wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smtp/

You can configure Gmail as external SMTP server of your website. However, GMail requires authentication. Please see the necessary details for WP SMTP plugin setup below.

Mailer: smtp
SMTP Authentication: yes
SMTP Security: SSL
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Username: your gmail full address
SMTP Password: your gmail password
SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks! Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds