Changing row colors in table upon viewing submissions

David Overmyer created the topic: Changing row colors in table upon viewing submissions

I adjusted the theme so that it worked well with my WordPress them. Specifically, I am currently set to use Theme 01 transparent. I adjusted the code to provide a purple submit button, matching my colors, and all white text, as my page background is a darker purple the black text faded into it.

However, I find it works great for my clients to input data, however, it makes it difficult on viewing the data in a table dump of the submissions as it alternates the row background from the standard page background to a light grey. Thus the white text fades into. I need to either replace the text color in every even numbered row with black text, or change the background of each row to a darker color, and I can't seem to find the right section of code to do that.

Thank you for you help,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Changing row colors in table upon viewing submissions

Hi Dave!

Thank you for posting your inquiry!

Could you please post the link to the page, where you have published the submissions? Our development team will take a look and provide a quick CSS code for adjusting the colors.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

David Overmyer replied the topic: Changing row colors in table upon viewing submissions

Yes, thank you for replying to my inquiry. You can see the published submissions at: www.online-med-edu.com/cict/forms/page-for-web-derado-to-view/

I would like the text in the form header to be white as well. As far as the rows go, either change the row background so white lettering will show up, or change the lettering to black for the rows with grey background.

Thank you for your help,
Dave

Agapi G. replied the topic: Changing row colors in table upon viewing submissions

Hello Dave!

Thank you for the link! Could you please add the following CSS code to the very end of style.css file or custom CSS editor of your website theme?

.submissions tr.row1 {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}
table.submissions thead a {
    color: #ffffff !important;
}

Make sure to clear the cache of your web browser before checking the changes. Let me know if it works.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

David Overmyer replied the topic: Changing row colors in table upon viewing submissions

Hello Agapi G.

Thank you for your assistance. I added the script you requested, and yes, it changed the text in the heading to white. However, I am still getting the alternating background colors for the table. Any further suggestions?

I was under the impression that these were controlled by the Form Maker app theme. Am I wrong and they are actually controlled by the main WordPress theme? If so, then I am doubly grateful for your assistance as it would appear to be outside your control.

Thank you,
Dave

Hello Agapi G.

Thank you for all your help, however, my client just decided they would rather have a light background instead of the darker background. Thus all the work we've been doing to adjust things is no longer needed.

I do appreciate all your help, but the matter is no longer an issue and you can consider this issue closed.

Thank you,
Dave

Hi Dave!

You are most welcome! We are glad to know the display of submissions is now as your customer wishes to have it. Please feel free to contact our team in case you will need further assistance. We'll be happy to help!

If you have a few minutes, please share your rating for Form Maker on WordPress.org. Your feedback will help us improve the quality and features of the plugin, as well as our customer support service.

Let me provide you the link: wordpress.org/support/plugin/form-maker/reviews/
Thank you so much! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds