fatal error on submission

Sallie Timpone created the topic: fatal error on submission

wordpress form maker. Form that was working earlier today no longer works. I have been updating the website today. When I hit submit on the form it should send an email to administrator and go to payment page. now I just get a fatal error. HELP!

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'Invalid address: (setFrom) ' in /home3/enjoymath/public_html/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php:1023 Stack trace: #0 /home3/enjoymath/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php(352): PHPMailer->setFrom('', '''', false) #1 /home3/enjoymath/public_html/wp-content/plugins/form-maker/frontend/models/FMModelForm_maker.php(2700): wp_mail('nicktimpone@let...', 'After School Pr...', '<p><table borde...', 'From: '' <>\r\n C...', Array) #2 /home3/enjoymath/public_html/wp-content/plugins/form-maker/frontend/models/FMModelForm_maker.php(175): FMModelForm_maker->gen_mail('62', Array, 12, '') #3 /home3/enjoymath/public_html/wp-content/plugins/form-maker/frontend/views/FMViewForm_maker.php(48): FMModelForm_maker->savedata(Object(stdClass), 12) #4 /home3/enjoymath/public_html/wp-content/plugins/form-maker/frontend/controllers/FMControllerForm_maker.php(35): FMViewForm_maker->display(12) #5 /home3/enjoymath/public_html/wp-content/plugins/form-maker/frontend/controllers/FMControll in /home3/enjoymath/public_html/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php on line 1023

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: fatal error on submission

Hello Sallie!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Our developers can resolve this problem quickly. Could you please give us temporary WordPress administrator access to your website? You can send the information privately using this form .

Also please indicate the link to this forum thread in your message. We will take a look and provide a solution to the issue as soon as possible.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Sallie Timpone replied the topic: fatal error on submission

I sent access via your contact form.

Thank you, Sallie!

We received your support ticket and I just responded you. Could you please check your inbox? If the message isn't there, please also check the spam folder. We are looking forward to receiving your reply!

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Is there any update? I am still getting the fatal error.

Hey Sallie!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has found the cause of this issue. This error appears, when the field for From Name is left blank on the form. Please make the field you are going to use for From Name required, so users cannot leave it blank.

However, we will apply a workaround soon, which will replace the blank name with a different text. This way the error won't be visible in any case.
Thank you! Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thank you Agapi G.! It worked!

Hey Sallie!

That's wonderful! We are glad the solution worked on your site. Please feel free to let us know in case you will need further assistance.

Could I ask you to share your rating for Form Maker on WordPress.org? We really appreciate your thoughts about the quality of the plugin, as well as suggestions on improving our customer support service.

Let me provide you the link: wordpress.org/support/plugin/form-maker/reviews/

Thank you so much in advance! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds