Calculator Hidden fields

Kevin Walsh created the topic: Calculator Hidden fields

I have placed a "Sub Total" into a hidden field. When I try to use that field it is not in the list of available fields.
I have a lot of complex calculations that I need to do and it cannot be done in a single step. I therefore need to create a number of sub totals. There is no problem placing the value into the hidden field but there is no way to access the hidden field for further calculations.
How do I create a sub total that I do not want the user to see and then access later to create the final total.

Thanks,
Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Calculator Hidden fields

Hello Kevin! Thank you for posting your question!

If we understood your request properly, you need the ID of the hidden field, so you can access it with Javascript and perform the calculation. Is this correct? If so, please note, that you can get the ID from the frontend of your form, after you publish it on a page or post.

Right-click on any form element and select Inspect Element option. Afterwards search in the source with "type_hidden" keyword and you will find the hidden field and its ID.

In case this is not what you are looking for, please specify.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds