no emails are being sent

Ellie created the topic: no emails are being sent

I have newly installed the plug in and like how it looks and works in general. However, I am not able to receive any emails from the form (either admin or user confirmation). I checked the forum and see that the advice is generally to check the spam folder and make sure sendmail is enabled. I've done both and repeatedly tested. Still no emails coming through. Any other suggestions to try before I give up and try another plugin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ellie replied the topic: no emails are being sent

After looking into the problem further with my hosting company, it turns out the issue has to do with the receiving email account not accepting the email headers. I am still in process of sorting it out and will post a reply if there's something that is problematic with the form's email.

Corey W. Feldon replied the topic: no emails are being sent

I a very interested in this, as I believe I am having the same issue. I have run tests, submitting the form (as a user) with my gmil account. As the administrator, I should be receiving the form to my other gmail account, but I don't. I checked SPAM, and nothing. Keep me informed please.

Agapi G. replied the topic: no emails are being sent

Hey guys! Thanks for posting about this problem!

Ellie, please do keep us posted, if you find out more about the email heading. Hostings often define PHP-generated emails as spam, but you can control this by having a nice Subject for the email, valid From Name and some additional content.

And Corey, please check if the issue is coming from your hosting service, and let me know. Sendmail should be enabled on your web hosting, if it is, we will take a closer look at the issue.

Thanks! Have a great day, guys!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Corey W. Feldon replied the topic: no emails are being sent

Agapi G. wrote: Hey guys! Thanks for posting about this problem!

And Corey, please check if the issue is coming from your hosting service, and let me know. Sendmail should be enabled on your web hosting, if it is, we will take a closer look at the issue.

Thanks! Have a great day, guys!

Agapi,
Thank you for the response. I have exhausted my abilities, and another entire day, trying to get to the bottom of this. "Sendmail" is enabled from what I can tell. My forms are set to send to "[email protected], which my Gmail account has been et up to retrieve. When I run a test on a form I created on my website, and hit submit, it says that the form has been submitted. I never receive it in my Gmail. When I fill out the "Contact Us" form on the same website, and hit Submit, again it says that the form is submitted. I never receive it. When I send an email, from my Gmail, directly to the desired email address of [email protected], I never receive it. However, when I asked a friend to email me at [email protected], I received the email almost immediately. I've been going in circles I think, trying to figure this out, and would greatly appreciate assistance. What can I do to help you help me? ;-) I've attached some screenshots. I also tried setting up a "forwarder", but that won't work either. Thank you for any help.

Attachments:

Hi Corey! Thanks for your notes!

If you are sure the problem is coming from Form Maker, we would be very happy to check for you!

Could you please submit a support ticket by sending temporary WordPress administrator access to us? You can forward the details using the contact form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1

Also make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message. Our developers will figure out what's causing this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Frank Baxter replied the topic: no emails are being sent

Having same issues, checking with our IT guy now.
If our server isn't using sendmail, is there (or will there be) a way to set up using our smtp settings?

Hoping to get it working because I really like the form maker.

Frank Baxter replied the topic: no emails are being sent

Frank Baxter wrote: Having same issues, checking with our IT guy now.
If our server isn't using sendmail, is there (or will there be) a way to set up using our smtp settings?

Hoping to get it working because I really like the form maker.

UPDATE - Working for Us Now:
Our IT guy at our hosting service made some tweaks to the sendmail and the form is working fine now.

Nicolas replied the topic: no emails are being sent

Hi all,

So what is the fix for this?

I have the same issue as you all. The plugin Contact Form Builder worked like a charm. And now I just bought the Form Maker and no emails are being received....

Thanks for any help!

Hey Frank and Nicolas! Thanks for posting!

Frank, we are very glad you could enable Sendmail and have Form Maker working properly on your website. Please feel free to drop us a line in case you will need further help.

And Nicolas, could you please check if your hosting has Sendmail enabled? If this is set up correctly, please give us temporary admin access to your website, and we'll take a look. You can send the credentials using the contact form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1

Also make sure to include the link to this forum thread in your message.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Nicolas replied the topic: no emails are being sent

Hi Agapi,

Thanks for your email.

I received all the emails in the middle of the night. For some reason there was a huge delay. I tested the whole thing this morning and everything was functioning perfectly.

Thanks for your concern though!

Hey Nicolas!

Thanks for letting us know, perhaps there was a temporary problem on your website hosting. You can contact the provider and ask them to check this out, if the problem occurs again.

But we are very glad everything is working now!
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Andy M replied the topic: no emails are being sent

Hi,

I am having this same issue. "Contact Us" inquiries make it onto the WordPress "submissions page" however they do not get forwarded to designated email. Using a WordPress add-on I have been able to verify that WordPress can send emails "This test email proves that your WordPress installation at .... can send emails". Can you please suggest what I might try?

Hey Andy!

Thanks for posting about this! If you are receiving test emails from WordPress, then the problem is in the plugin. Could we take a look at it? Please give us temporary WordPress administrator access to your site, and we'll provide a solution ASAP.

You can send the details to us with the contact form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1
Also make sure to mention the URL of this forum topic in your message.

Thank you in advance! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Andy!

We received your support ticket and I have just responded to you. Could you please give us the link to your website, so we can log in and check the problem on your website?

Please send the link by replying to my email.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds