Adjusting Form Widths & Field Lengths

David Biddix created the topic: Adjusting Form Widths & Field Lengths

My form is at wolflaurelroadsandsecurity.com/newsite/index.php/contact-us/

I'd like to make the overall width of the form fill the segment in which it is contained but I cannot figure out how to control that via CSS. In particular, I'd like to make the Subject field and the Message field wider.

Secondly, concerning the Message field, I have need of controlling the maximum number of characters allowed to be entered in that field. How do I put a limit on the number of characters allowed to be entered there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Adjusting Form Widths & Field Lengths

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry.

David, you should give separate classes for those 2 fields and add them styles in Edit.css section. If you'll have difficulties with it, then please write us at [email protected] and provide full admin access to your website? Our developers will check and solve your issue.

Please also mention this forum post URL in your email.

As for limiting number of text characters, then please edit those fields, in edit window enable Validation (Regular Exp.) option and write there this validation code ^.{0,50}$

Instead of 50, please write your desired number.

Please see the screenshot attached.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds