Wordpress Form Maker & Map Function Not Working

Howard Counts created the topic: Wordpress Form Maker & Map Function Not Working

I just purchased Form Maker for WordPress and built my form including a map of 3 locations. I followed directions in other responses by typing in address in the three locations and clicked each one's latitude. Nothing happened. Then I saved the map and noticed on preview that all three maps pointed to same location.

Thinking of another way to do this, I looked up longitude and latitude of each location and entered them in the appropriate fields. clicked the balloons and all appeared okay. After I saved and previewed I saw that two of the three locations showed but at the wrong longitudes and latitudes. Two of them showed the same longitude and latitude so I thought it was an overlay. See attachment

Need your ideas.

Howard

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Wordpress Form Maker & Map Function Not Working

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Have you added Google map API key?

Per Google map's new update you cannot show any map in your plugin without API code.

Please enter Form maker > global options > get map API key and insert in the appropriate field.

This should solve your issue.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Howard Counts replied the topic: Wordpress Form Maker & Map Function Not Working

Yes I've entered but maybe it's not working. I'll inspect the page and determine if it's okay or not.

Howard Counts replied the topic: Wordpress Form Maker & Map Function Not Working

I've been trying to create this map with three locations for two days now and getting frustrated. I'm about ready to abandon this product and go to something else.

Tried everything else I know. API IS WORKING. I see two of my three locations but at the wrong Latitude and longitudes. Reduced to one location at latitude=35.388515 and longitude=-80.755784. Then do a save. When look at it on the map, it looks like wrong location. So I edit it and find that latitude changed to 35.442703207539246 and longitude is correct at -80.755784.

Also tried putting in address in address field and clicking on longitude and latitude to get them but that doesn't work (no response).

Perhaps since I'm running WP 4.6 this is a problem. I'M VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Wordpress Form Maker & Map Function Not Working

Hi Howard,

I am very sorry but I am almost sure that the issue is with your API key.

Can you please try to test with this key AIzaSyD00dAwrWwHeeTnGolMvwAGzgpB9rWd0oM

Please write whether it works with this key or not.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Something is still wrong. I believe it has something to do with the data stored in the DB not being cleared out before SAVE. I did the following:

Changed the Key per your request.
Changed the Long./Lat. to the correct figures and address (Attachment 1). Note all balloons look correct to me at this point and addresses are correct.
Saved the changes.
Re-edited the picture and see that all has changed. (attachment 2).

Attachments:

Hi Howard,

Can we please try to have a team viewer session for being able to understand your issue.

I'll be available on 26.08.2016 from 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM, please write which time best fits you.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Available after 3:30 p.m. EDT

Hi Howard, I have forgotten to mention the time zone, we are in GMT + 4 timezone.

Can you please write when can you be available?

Please write at [email protected] including this forum post URL.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds