Attachments missing when form submitted

Damian Buckley created the topic: Attachments missing when form submitted

Hi,
We have several forms on our website. When a user fills a form in they have the option to also upload several attachments, which can be a mixture of word documents, images, PDF files etc. When the user saves the form, I can see the uploads in the backend of the database, and the front end - however it all goes wrong when the user submits their form - only half of the form saves, and there are no attachments either emailed to us, or populated in the backend.....

What could the issue be?

Thanks

Damian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Attachments missing when form submitted

Hi Damian!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue!

Could you please send an e-mail to [email protected] and give temporary WordPress administrator access to your website? A support ticket will be opened for you and our development team will take a look at the problem ASAP.

Also please make sure to indicate the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Greetings Damian!

I am happy to inform you, that the problem on your Form Maker has been resolved! Looks like the destination was misspelled and that is why the file was not being transferred properly.

Could you please test your form and confirm, that it is functioning properly now?
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Damian Buckley replied the topic: Attachments missing when form submitted

Hi,
There is still a problem. The first test I performed, the same issue occurred. It seems to be something to do with large amounts of text being entered into the text areas we have on the forms. If we enter a few words, add attachments, then everything works fine. if we add a few paragraphs to the text areas and some attachments, then when submitted - the text is stripped away and the attachments are missing.

I have replied to your email with more information.

Thanks for your help and assistance.

Damian

Hey Damian!

Let me ask our development team to take a look at the problem again. This problem was a bug a few versions before and most probably updating the product did not resolve the issue on your website.

We'll take a look at the problem soon and provide a solution.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Damian!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has made all the changes, which were supposed to be done during the update of Form Maker. Now the problem is resolved, you will not face it again.

Could you please check your form and confirm, that it is now submitting all the data properly?
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds